Bi-Xenon HIDS

Flex

Hey guys,

I am looking at purchasing some HID lighting kits for some of my vehicles and for a buddy of mine here in the city. I compared a 35W HID kit side by side compared to my PIAA Extreme Whites and was blown away by how much brighter they were. One of my trucks had a set on it when I bought it and they are amazingly bright even though they are the first generation in hid lighting and only 35W.

After looking at various kits and researching manufacturer quality etc, I have decided on a particular supplier. That being autopartspro on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28071237430...em=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

The kits are warrantied for life and shipping is free, They appear to have the best quality kit based on the individual compoents. We are personally looking at the 55W 6000k for a maximum brightness but any can be chosen from any color spectrum.

I did the usual inquiry into pricing for multiple sets and received this response.

"Ok, 5 kits 25% off, 10 kits 35% off 15 kits 40% let me know John"

If anyone is interested in a set, please let me know.

Currently these are the interested parties;

1.) Flex (me) SCCOA - 4 sets (1 already purchased came today) Confirmed
2.) Seth Howard StangNet - 1 set Confirmed
2.) Davec73 SCCOA - 1 set Confirmed
3.) Chris (blown38) SCCOA - 1 set Confirmed
4.) David D SCCOA - 1 set Confirmed
5.) 90MN12 SCCOA - 1 set Confirmed
6.) 92sclikenew SCCOA - 1 set Confirmed
7.) macius8 SCCOA - 1 set Confirmed
8.) jkessler SCCOA - 1 set CConfirmed
9.) dinglefro SCCOA - 1 set Confirmed

Branko

Last edited:
They are apparently quite easy to install. My buddy here in the city that is going in with me says it takes an hour or two. The shop where he works bundles the wiring in with the factory wiring so it looks clean.

I had mine installed in 20 minutes. Super easy to do. Good choice for the temp, the 6000k are the brightest I've seen.

is this the single low beam set or is it high and low beam? I may be in for a couple sets depending on the price if its good enough maybe 3

Bi-Xenon so full low and high beam bud.

At 5 sets or 25% off the price is $104.99

At 10 sets or 35% off the price would be $90.99

At 15 sets or 40% off the price would be $83.99

There are cheaper sets out there but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I can't stand driving in the dark with dim or flickering lights. I chose this set as it carries a lifetime guarantee and is guaranteed not to flicker. They are also the brightest ones I could find.

Bi-Xenon so full low and high beam bud.

At 5 sets or 25% off the price is $104.99

At 10 sets or 35% off the price would be $90.99

At 15 sets or 40% off the price would be $83.99

There are cheaper sets out there but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I can't stand driving in the dark with dim or flickering lights. I chose this set as it carries a lifetime guarantee and is guaranteed not to flicker. They are also the brightest ones I could find.

If these will work on all my vehicles i will be in for at least 2 05 f150 and the 92 sc. I checked the compatabilty and it isnt showing compatable with my f150 sc or explorer sport trac?

Last edited:
How are you administering this buy? Ie. where is shipping, is it drop ship or does someone have to distribute them?

David,

I was going to do it the same way as the rotors. Present the supplier with a list and have all money paid directly to the supplier and all shipping going directly to the purchasers.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this. I installed regular hid's in the lows, highs, and fogs. I went with 35 watt on my car in every bulb and they are awesome. I was worried about doing 55s in fogs due to the size of the fog lamps. If you mismatch wattage the color wont be the same, i wanted uniformity.

It is very easy to install these but the factory wiring in these cars is barely good enough for factory lights. For example, after installing hid's on my fog lights they would turn on for a second and shut off. Turns out that my factory wiring could not generate enough current to operate the hids on my fog lights. With that, I decided to use my factory wiring for each the lows, highs, and fogs to turn on relays to power my lights with better wire. I also worried about burning up my headlight switch or multifunction switch which is pretty common in these cars.
I had a lot of extra money in doing this. I used 3 relay kits with plug and play pigtails for a nice clean install. I also had a fuse block that I ended up wiring up so I wouldn't have a wiring nightmare to my battery. I probably have $200-250 extra dollars in the way I did mine on top of buying the hid's and a lot of time. I also have several extra slots left on my extra fuse block i have used or can use for adding other accessories easily and clean in the future.

I'm sure it can be done much cheaper if you want to just buy relays and fab up your own wiring but I like the way I did mine and wouldn't change anything.

Chris

Last edited:
Chris,

Some of the guys at the TCCOA commented about light scatter in older headlights without a projector. What are your thoughts on that?

Chris,

On the one bulb cars, a bi-xenon tilts the bulb with a motor so you have low and high beam.

Well, I had to order a set before the 31st for one of my brother's cars as he needed it for a write off. It will still count towards the gp if we get enough people. I can post some before and after pictures once I get them installed.

Hey, I want to get a couple sets but need to make sure what they can or will fit. I think my 01 Ram takes 9004 bulbs, and then I'd like some for my 90 XR7's. Can we order different bulbs on this deal?

Chris,

Some of the guys at the TCCOA commented about light scatter in older headlights without a projector. What are your thoughts on that?

I havent seen any problem, mine light up the road really well and seem to light a pronounced rectangular beam against the wall pretty well. Im sure a projector would be better and keep the incoming traffic a little happier....I get bright-lighted every once in a while. The important thing I believe is to have clear headlamps.

Last edited:
Hey, I want to get a couple sets but need to make sure what they can or will fit. I think my 01 Ram takes 9004 bulbs, and then I'd like some for my 90 XR7's. Can we order different bulbs on this deal?

David,

His pricing is the same for the same level kit, so it will not matter. The single beams are $129.99 and the bi-xenons are $139.99. The percentage reduction will come of the base price.

Your ram can use a bi-xenon kit as can the 94 up cars that came with a single bulb. Cars with dual head lamps like the 89-93 can stay with a single beam and do just the lows or both if they want.

I havent seen any problem, mine light up the road really well and seem to light a pronounced rectangular beam against the wall pretty well. Im sure a projector would be better and keep the incoming traffic a little happier....I get bright-lighted every once in a while. The important thing I believe is to have clear headlamps.

Chris,

Good to hear. I know it is the oncoming driver that we have to worry about. Especially if you want to go with the 55W. Those who wish to can stay with 35W. I have asked for those who stated that they run hotter and can damage headlamps and he responded that all of his kits run at about the same temp.

I wish we had a clear lens headlight available for the 89-93. I want to retro some hid projectors into a set but I will have to come up with a way to remove the dispersion bars from the lens.

Back