Bi-Xenon HIDS

Gentleman,

I need to know if you guys are in for sure, how many sets and for what bulb style. Thanks.

If these will work on all my vehicles i will be in for at least 2 05 f150 and the 92 sc. I checked the compatabilty and it isnt showing compatable with my f150 sc or explorer sport trac?

Dave,

They are purchased by bulb style so I just need to know what bulb style you need. The 2005 will need what is called a canbus ballast.

I'm in for one set. If we get to 15 set price break I'll go for 2 sets.

Last edited:
One set 9007 in 4300K.

I can't figure out if they actually offer a 9006 bulb for the 89 or not. I emailed but did not get any response.

David,

Why would the year matter? It is my understanding that you just need to match the kit with the original equipment bulb style or whatever bulb your headlights use if they are aftermarket headlights.

The set I just purchased was matched to the aftermarket projector headlights for a 2000 mustang. The original bulb was a 9007 but the new headlights required an H1 I believe.

Flex - Probably because the Gen1 TBird used the 9005/9006 pair instead of the 9007 bulb. The "89 TBird" wasn't as important as the "9006", but the two are related.

RwP

One set 9007 in 4300K.

I can't figure out if they actually offer a 9006 bulb for the 89 or not. I emailed but did not get any response.

If not, you can try the HIR bulbs instead. Info on them at http://hirheadlights.com/ , but check Amazon and eBay for cheaper suppliers.

Also consider 9011's to replace the 9005 high beams.

BTW - Before you do EITHER, HIGHLY consider a well built relay harness for both sets of bulbs ... that and clear lenses do wonders for night vision, even with new stock 9005/9006 bulbs!

RwP

If not, you can try the HIR bulbs instead. Info on them at http://hirheadlights.com/ , but check Amazon and eBay for cheaper suppliers.

Also consider 9011's to replace the 9005 high beams.

BTW - Before you do EITHER, HIGHLY consider a well built relay harness for both sets of bulbs ... that and clear lenses do wonders for night vision, even with new stock 9005/9006 bulbs!

RwP

There are no clear lenses available for the 89-93. I wish there was a set available.

HIR's are just another silverstar version. I have PIAA extreme white plus which are probably the brightest halogens available and they can't even come close to the light output of even a 35W hid. I have seen them side by side and they are easily two + times brighter.

On a two lamp system, you are supposed to change the low beams as they are most used if you can't do both.

There are no clear lenses available for the 89-93. I wish there was a set available.

HIR's are just another silverstar version. I have PIAA extreme white plus which are probably the brightest halogens available and they can't even come close to the light output of even a 35W hid. I have seen them side by side and they are easily two + times brighter.

On a two lamp system, you are supposed to change the low beams as they are most used if you can't do both.

Mayhaps I wasn't quite "clear" *grins* I mean "clear" as in "not white or foggy", not "clear" as in "with no refraction grill on the inside".

And, no, HIRs aren't. Although based on halogen technology, they're still not quite a standard halogen.

The MAIN advantage is, since they have a filament in the same location as a 9005/9006, the focal point is not altered so the light goes down the road, instead of just blatting across and blinding everyone on the road. Projectors cure that on HIDs, but a) they're more work, and b) you DO need "clear" as in non-refractive lenses (also as in not foggy) for HIDs to do much good. More work for better output.

HIRs take no redoing of the reflectors (which don't work worth crap with HIDs due to the arc being longitudinal instead of traverse) in the Gen1's. Therefore, they're a good first-step. Plus, they last as long as standard halogens - a big plus on some cars! (It's not that hard to change bulbs on the MN12s, so that's not a big point on our cars.)

The wonderful thing is - there's ways to get more light for ALL of us! I was just pointing out an alternative.

Doing a full projector retrofit, polishing the inside of the lens to get the refraction points out, and careful aiming of bi-xenon bulbs is the better way to do it, yes. Consider the price of all of that compared to a HIR, and the HIR is a more practical approach for some people.

Plus, and here's a BIG plus - it avoids the idiocy of blinding people in city driving and while passing on country roads that is a bad byproduct of "Let's just slap these non-focused HID bulbs in here and call it good!" so-called "upgrades". Always a consideration.

Then again, I'm HIR low / HID high, without projectors yet on the highs, on Grand Marquis clear headlamps on the Cougar. YMMV of course. Interesting point is, with the extra light on the road on high beam, I don't see any FURTHER down the road - which is a bit more important than just the QUANTITY of light on the road, don't you think?

RwP

I'm not worried about the lenses. I understand that the diffused lens on the 89 will reduce the effectiveness of the HID, but I've experienced a number of 89's with HID and the results are still nonetheless impressive.

The main question is if the 9006 bulb (low beam) is available as a kit that will work on the 89. I know other companies have made them, but I can't find them in this company's store. They have a 9006 listed for a Canbus application, but none for a retro like ours. I emailed but did not receive a response.

Yes, I also understand about non-yellowed lenses. All my vehicles have new lenses. ;) I consider it mandatory to replace them when they start to fade.

I'm not worried about the lenses. I understand that the diffused lens on the 89 will reduce the effectiveness of the HID, but I've experienced a number of 89's with HID and the results are still nonetheless impressive.

The main question is if the 9006 bulb (low beam) is available as a kit that will work on the 89. I know other companies have made them, but I can't find them in this company's store. They have a 9006 listed for a Canbus application, but none for a retro like ours. I emailed but did not receive a response.

Yes, I also understand about non-yellowed lenses. All my vehicles have new lenses. ;) I consider it mandatory to replace them when they start to fade.

Its not this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/9006-XENON-LIGHTS-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-SLIM-55W-6000K-/330717656182?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4d004ef476

clear headlight assy.

i did some playing around a while back, and found that the1996,1997 i beleive mercury grand marquis headlight assy. fit the early year birds, with a little room on the front center area by the hood.

Last edited:
i did some playing around a while back, and found that the1996,1997 i beleive mercury grand marquis headlight assy. fit the early year birds, with a little room on the front center area by the hood.

Did you actually install them? Are they clear lenses?

Ok well I'm retarded. :rolleyes:

So when is this group buy ending again?

David,

I don't believe anyone on this site would think that.

When it ends depends on what we wish to pay.

Originally, I though we had more sets based on the number of sets some of you initially said you wished to purchase.

1.) Me - 4 sets (1 already purchased came today)
2.) My friend - 2 - now not sure as his boss gave him PIAA's for free - in Phoenix for 10 days so I can't confirm.
2.) Davec73 - 2 or 3 - has not confirmed any yet
3.) Chris (blown38) - 1 or 2 - 1 set
4.) David D - 3 sets - 1 set
5.) Macius - 1 set
6.) 92sclikenew - 1 set

If everyone purchased their initial max, we would be past 15 already and at the biggest price break. With the revised amounts, we are currently at 8 depending on what Dave Clark wants to do.

Realizing that some of us will not need or want Bi-Xenons, I have redone the price chart to reflect a mono beam bulb as well. I will post some pictures of the charts shortly.

Bi-Xenon (high/low beam)

At 5 sets or 25% off the price is $104.99

At 10 sets or 35% off the price would be $90.99

At 15 sets or 40% off the price would be $83.99

Xenon (one beam only)

At 5 sets or 25% off the price is $95.99

At 10 sets or 35% off the price would be $83.19

At 15 sets or 40% off the price would be $76.94

Any bulb style is possible with the price reflective of that bulb. Look at his store to check for bulb

http://stores.ebay.com/HidKitXenonS...48122014&_sid=864030714&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Newer vehicles require the Canbus ballast which costs $10 more. So far, only the 2005 Ford F150 will need it.

These are shipped prices.

Last edited:
Available bulb and color chart.

Attachments

• PICT4248_2.jpg
    PICT4248_2.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 84
  • PICT4249_2.jpg
    PICT4249_2.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT4250_2.jpg
    PICT4250_2.jpg