last run of 2012. 10.07

Kevin Leitem

Made it back to Cecil county on Saturday. I changed a few things to hopefully find out why it was shutting down around 6000 rpm. So first pass I set shift light to 6600 and once again it would shut off a 6000. This pass was only 10.16. So second pass I set shift light to 5800. This time it didn't shut off but shifting so early kills it. My converter stalls around 5200, so I am basically riding the converter most of the way down the track. But this run was 10.070 @ 129.38. Third run, it was on a pretty good pass then at around 500 feet out it just completely quit. So no nine second slip again this year, but fortunately I did find out my problem that plagued me for the last 3 years. Now I just hope tis new problem doesn't take another 3 years to figure out.

But anyway here is a video of the pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bNSKil1XaI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nice job Kevin ! Are you planning to keep running the MPX until you get into the 9s or will you be racing with the new combo next year ?

David

I've been there before. It's an illusive tenth and it'll drive you nuts. Lay off of the cheeseburgers until next spring and try again.

Congratulations on the times! and to think that you are runnning 10's with bugs in the system :p

If I ran against you, I would only be 6 seconds behind you in the quarter mile :D

I will see the video once I am home :)

Nice job Kevin ! Are you planning to keep running the MPX until you get into the 9s or will you be racing with the new combo next year ?

David

Yes, i will be running the mpx again next year. I was hoping to get my new rotors from Charles in time to make a final run this year. But will have to wait till next year. The new combo will be a long time yet. Very slow progress on that.

Still and all not a bad way to finish the year. Of course now we expect even better things next year ;)

Ira

You have the same luck as me ended this year with a 12.03, and I know the car has alot more but I could not get back to the track. For a few years I was stuck at 13.02 than 13.007. One thing I think you will lunch deep into the 9's next year. Good luck

Back