Shootout 2013??

I really enjoyed it too its about 5hrs for me throught the hills of indiana and ky but don't take my word for it until it is closer to the date. That is just what I've heard from a credible source wherever it is I will be there, hopefully with a running truck and car. I hell or highwatered it last year with my dads truck and my car wasn't running but this year me and randy will be following each other instead of riding together his car will be running as well.
David

Well thankfuly mine runs again and moves around under its own power! I will be bringing it if i dont blow it up by then :) I plan on trailering it myself but i need to find some 15" wheels for my trailer its got 13" wheels with trailer tires on it now. I've hauled cars on it no problem but really want 15's on it, heck one time i had 8500lbs of scrap metal on it (didn't go very far). I just dont trust the 13's with something as heavy as the SC on that long of a trip. I figure if i trailer it and break something than i dont have to worry about getting back home. I also figure if one of the southern IN/Louisville guys breaks and i don't than they can get their car back home for free. I need to do a couple things to my truck too. It needs new rotors on the front and an alighnment (no biggie). Thinking about getting an Offroad downpipe for it too....

I found a 16 ft car hauler that I'm putting a winch on the front and making it were the driver side fender comes off. It has mobile home wheels on it prob going to swap that out to 5x4.25 if I can so I can use some old sc wheels

I found a 16 ft car hauler that I'm putting a winch on the front and making it were the driver side fender comes off. It has mobile home wheels on it prob going to swap that out to 5x4.25 if I can so I can use some old sc wheels

That'd be really cool. My trailer has removable sides so it should work well with an sc. I built it myself and have about 500$ in it. Its paid for itself 10 times over! Wish it was wider
(6'2x16'2) but that's the biggest I could build it with what I had to work with.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120131

Last edited:
I'm going to try and trailer my 92 for the shootout this next year. Truck needs a trans rebuild when I get back. Just bought a stage 4 hitch for it I need to install when I get home.

Then I need to put the parts I ordered on my SC and get it over to Dalke.

Then the truck and the car need paint...

Hopefully I'm ready with everything by shootout time, and I have job since I'm getting out of the Air Force. I hope I'm not back over in Afghanistan as a contractor but I probably won't turn down a $120k/yr job if I get an offer.

I cant wait for the shootout but i am going to feel real hillbilly useing a uhaul trailer. If i decide to trailer it. I am coming from columbus what you guys think? you think its worth trailering to the shootout.

i need a 255 fuel pump (i have one new in my SC in dayton, hasn't run since I put it in so I could swap it).

Need a clutch and flywheel probably (mine are in good shape but might as well upgrade)

Need a BHJ balancer, need a set of underdrives, MP inlet, FMIC, cam, heads, tune.

Last edited:
i need a 255 fuel pump (i have one new in my SC in dayton, hasn't run since I put it in so I could swap it).

Need a clutch and flywheel probably.

Need a BHJ balancer, need a set of underdrives, MP inlet, FMIC, cam, heads, tune.

You still got a long list lmao i need to finsh my tci trans i am build and 3.73 rear end and my exhuast is all hacked up got to put my headers on build exhust to the mufflers and but next winter is when it will hit the fan, tb maf, intake, i am going to send my heads to dave and do a race head setup and a nasty cam.

i recently bought headers, 60 lb injectors, a 94 blower, 75mm tb, 76mm maf, skinnies for the front with aluminum 15x4" wheels. Need some 26x10.50x16 slicks still.

I'm going to try and trailer my 92 for the shootout this next year. Truck needs a trans rebuild when I get back. Just bought a stage 4 hitch for it I need to install when I get home.

Then I need to put the parts I ordered on my SC and get it over to Dalke.

Then the truck and the car need paint...

Hopefully I'm ready with everything by shootout time, and I have job since I'm getting out of the Air Force. I hope I'm not back over in Afghanistan as a contractor but I probably won't turn down a $120k/yr job if I get an offer.
The trip down has some monster hills just so you guys are aware. I pulled my car last year with my dads f150 because my tranny was down and his truck had loose steering, to say the least it was less than fun. I just had the trans rebuilt in my truck but scott it sounds like you have quite a bit of work ahead of you. I would make the list a reasonable one to complete before the shootout. I thought I could pull off the impossible last year and ended up there with a car that didnt run.

I need to do a couple things to my truck myself. It needs new shocks and alighned. Yesterday while driving it in the snow i noticed my rear brakes pretty much dont work... I've got the flu and theres a foot of snow out so i will have to mess with it when it warms up a bit. Stupid GM and there rear drum brakes.....

I just had a low mileage transmission put in mine and the frackin torque converter is bad so its got to come back out wed i sware this crap never ends!

Back