3 cap2.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 4 cap1.jpg
    4 cap1.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 4 cap2.jpg
    4 cap2.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 57
#1 piston before cleaning. And #3 piston cleaned up. Looks like the top coat getting blasted off.

Attachments

• 1 piston dirty1.jpg
    1 piston dirty1.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 3 piston clean1.jpg
    3 piston clean1.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 3 piston clean2.jpg
    3 piston clean2.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 78
Yep, that's what happens. But those pistons are an extremely tough slug so I don't think they were hurt particularly. Back in the day when people were using a lot of Ross and BRC pistons, you would not be reusing those. They would melt, deform, and crack.

The cap walk is typical for the amount of detonation that motor saw. Do you know what the mains were torqued to? Bearings look a little rough. :p

I don't recall what i torqued em to. Whatever the spec was in the '05 era I'm sure. They weren't a bear to get off though. Not as tight as the head bolts on my Dads mod motor, but my studs where well lubed. His head bolts always seem dry.

Time to start fabbing up the mustang 2 front suspension.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20140127_205716.jpeg
    20140127_205716.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 200
Ooo where.. Is there 20lbs worth of wiring that will still leave w me headlights ?
lol Right next to your one armed wiper motor. Seriously, I wasn't suggesting it needs to be removed, maybe more of wishful thinking if one could remove all that wiring. It always looks like a lot more when it's not hidden around/under the motor.

I actually removed everything that I didn't need for that harness. The only things I have on there are turn signals, fog/headlights, brake light sensor, hood light, and the necessary fuse panel stuffs. IRCM, ABS, cruise control, wiper motor along with the wiring are all bye-bye. I'm using many parts of the distribution box for other things like the ECM or anything else that can use it. I'm not sure what it weighed before, but the whole entire harness with the distribution box weighs 7 lbs now!

Looks messy, but it's sorted out well and will be easy to loom!

Last edited:
Just weighed the stock K member with the rack, sway bar, PS lines and cooler, lower control arms it came in at 120lbs. Weighed a empty AJE no control arms, came in at 26lbs. I plan to only add a depowered rack and the lower control arms. I'm thinking a 70-80 lb savings.:cool: I'll get a for sure weight later, maybe tomorrow.

Well look at all that old goodness! It's been a long while and directions have changed.

I got the opportunity to pick up my dream engine about a year ago. So I did that and had it all freshened up. Think the compression gonna be about 10:1. I will be running it NA first so I can get the car back on the road. You can see the Holley Sniper sitting on top. We'll see how that does.
SVO Complete.jpg

received_2449578258441235.jpeg

received_1319352194893372.jpeg

received_2572704619483601.jpeg

Wiseco did a bang up job in matching the piston weight to the old pistons so we didn't need to rebalance.
piston1.jpg

glad to see you are moving forward...

Well look at all that old goodness! It's been a long while and directions have changed.

I got the opportunity to pick up my dream engine about a year ago. So I did that and had it all freshened up. Think the compression gonna be about 10:1. I will be running it NA first so I can get the car back on the road. You can see the Holley Sniper sitting on top. We'll see how that does.
View attachment 71502

View attachment 71503

View attachment 71504

View attachment 71505

Wiseco did a bang up job in matching the piston weight to the old pistons so we didn't need to rebalance.
View attachment 71506
Glad to see you are getting this bad boy done.. I hope you like your snipper set up. I went with the FI Tech set up. I told them what I was putting together and they set me up with a custom unit to feed my beast.. Keep going and lets see how fast we can still make a six popper go.....Rich

Hope to have her going for spring/ March time frame. I went with the big Holley 8 injectors so when I boost it maybe i can still use it.:D

I had to modify the oil pan to fit a starter. Just got that finished up, powder coated and installed.
pan start hole.jpg
pan start hole cap.jpg
pan start side.jpg
pan bung side.jpg
starter test fit.jpg

I guess I got lucky...

My pan cleared the starter that I used so my pan was good to go. You said you are going to boost your engine? Can you still use that EFI set up?? When I was putting mine together the only EFI that would work with boost was the FI Tech set up.. Did they redesign your system?? Just asking and by the way now FI Tech has put their monster setup out that is good to 1600 hp that was still in the test stage when I got my stuff from them....Rich

Back