Operation 10.0

If you want to continue to use that motor I think it should be torn down. It looks like the pistons are probably re-usable at this point but I'm pretty sure the coating is burnt off the top of them so they won't last long if you put massive boost on them. They should probably be recoated and some new bearings/rings.

Sorry didn't make Thanksgiving deadline, but I think Santa will be here for Christmas. :eek:

You can blame me if you want. Dave's been having to use power drills and die grinders on my block which takes time. :D

Yes it needs a refreshing. I'm wondering where the oil in the one pic is coming from. Its been thru hell and back. I am very interested to see how the coatings have held up.

I wanna get the new intake and return plenum on it before I pull the motor to check firewall and whatever else clearances. So if there is issues I can fix it while the motor is out.

That's funny Tom.

Dave needs to kidnap some North pole elves to get lots of things going.

Chris that sucks, don't let it tear itself apart. Better to fix it while its in one piece then when it grenades.

I'll be tearing my motor soon to see if things look good for the bigger blower. I hope i don't find anything problematic. i got some work to do myself.

Santa Dalke brought me some goodies. Couldn't fall asleep for 2 hours after I tried to go to bed last night, thinking of the new setup. Thans Dave.:rolleyes:

And the return plenum fits.:)

Attachments

• 20131229_110316.jpeg
    20131229_110316.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 20131229_110342.jpeg
    20131229_110342.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 20131229_110614.jpeg
    20131229_110614.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 197
Santa Dalke brought me some goodies. Couldn't fall asleep for 2 hours after I tried to go to bed last night, thinking of the new setup. Thans Dave.:rolleyes:

And the return plenum fits.:)

Sweet!!! Looks like some HP coming to the mid atlantic crew this season.

How are you doing on my stuff Chris?

looks good Chris. You will have to be the first to run 9's on a true sc engine now. I will be rooting for you. I will just have to be the first to do it with a V6 naturally aspirated.:D

looks good Chris. You will have to be the first to run 9's on a true sc engine now. I will be rooting for you. I will just have to be the first to do it with a V6 naturally aspirated.:D

Would love to see a detailed thread with your step by step build on your engine:D

Ken

Well looks like I got hood clearance.

Attachments

• clearance.jpg
    clearance.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 153
  • clearance1.jpg
    clearance1.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 165
Back