Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Time to get busy.........

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    20,886
    Quote Originally Posted by nickleman60 View Post
    I guess you're talking about where the Whipple stickers were located, that area will be pretty much covered by the custom fuel rails.
    Keith,

    When you are installing the blower, it might be a good idea to remove one of the top plugs after the unit is mounted to the motor with oil installed just to get a visual point of reference for what is the full mark on the supercharger gear case. You can't use the sight glass, because it is located for the normal bottom discharge mounting position.

    I didn't do this and don't have a reference point for what is full, and to get it will require draining the supercharger and refilling with whatever amount of oil Whipple suggest.

    David
    Last edited by David Neibert; 12-31-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

    My Garage

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Va. Beach,Va.
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Keith,

    When you are installing the blower, it might be a good idea to remove one of the top plugs after the unit is mounted to the motor with oil installed just to get a visual point of reference for what is the full mark on the supercharger gear case. You can't use the sight glass, because it is located for the normal bottom discharge mounting position.

    I didn't do this and don't have a reference point for what is full, and to get it will require draining the supercharger and refilling with whatever amount of oil Whipple suggest.

    David
    David,
    Dave had another site glass installed on my blower so that I can fill it with the correct amount of fluid assuming that is what you're talking about.

    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    20,886
    Quote Originally Posted by nickleman60 View Post
    David,
    Dave had another site glass installed on my blower so that I can fill it with the correct amount of fluid assuming that is what you're talking about.
    Yes, that is exactly what I'm talking about...wish mine had the 2nd site glass.

    David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

    My Garage

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the Whopper
    Posts
    3,415
    David has sight glass envy Yeah, I was just givin you a hard time about removing the whipple sticker.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    699

    In for dyno numbers and track results

    Looks good! How is it bolted to the lower intake and do you have any detailed pics? Never know, I may ditch the turbo and go whipple one day
    03' mustang, scu 4.3 with a turbo. 7.0 @ 102mph

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    2,985
    Very nice for sure. Can't wait to see how it performs on your car with nitrous. How big is the inlet, 95mm?

    Chris
    Me-89 SC 5-speed 1.7 Autorotor twin screw over 443rwhp 20psi
    Her-95 SC auto 1.7 KB 400rwhp 17psi
    my email

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Va. Beach,Va.
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by mywhite89 View Post
    Very nice for sure. Can't wait to see how it performs on your car with nitrous. How big is the inlet, 95mm?

    Chris
    Yes. it's 95mm.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Va. Beach,Va.
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by JT's03 View Post
    Looks good! How is it bolted to the lower intake and do you have any detailed pics? Never know, I may ditch the turbo and go whipple one day
    The front is held by the snout brace and the rear is bolted to the return plenum where the bypass valve is located.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    va beach,va
    Posts
    2,584
    Uh oh....It finally made it....Guess I should swing by now....

Similar Threads

  1. Powder Coating Questions & Answers
    By nliberto@powder in forum New Products and Services
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 08:53 AM
  2. Took time, but it's running.
    By Mike8675309 in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:23 AM
  3. Car Stauling @ The track (my 1st time)
    By SuperCoupeSC91 in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 08:30 PM
  4. 2nd time at the track (milan). 14.887@93.95 MPH.
    By 91BLOWNSC in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-18-2002, 02:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •