love your SC but want a 4-door?

FastSC

I've owned a lot of SC's, tbirds, and Mark VIII's for the last 15 years. Finally with a 3 year old and 6 year old I needed to get a four door.

In my search, there was really nothing from Ford other than the Taurus SHO/MKS. If you have driven one, you know that the seating is not at all sporty. Power is OK, but not at the low end. My wife has a MKT with ecoboost so I am very familiar with that powertrain. I wish the Ford Falcon was sold in the US because that would be perfect, but it is not. The focus ST was also too small.

Although I am a hardcore Ford guy, I went to the dark side at GM and found a really rare car. The STS-V. It was made from 2006 - 2009 with only 2500 units total. Original sticker was around $80K, but they are selling for $16K - $29K used. Most people have never heard of this car, and I have to admit that I almost bought something else until I accidentally stumbled onto it in a forum search. I bought a 2007 with 36K miles and 9 months of factory warranty left for less than the price of a used taurus sho.

It's a great car, and even the seating position and center console reminds me of my old SCs. It has a supercharged 4.4L VVT northstar that makes 469HP stock and can easily be modified with pulley and blower mods. Plus it has GM's 6L80E 6-speed auto and RWD.

It is the closest thing to a a modern 4-door version of the car I originally fell in love with. If you are ever looking for a 4-door, check it out.

RightRear.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_STS-V

Brian Herron

Last edited:
Very nice!

I just got this guy last year. 4 doors as well. Don't like the ride quality of the live rear axle though.

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 207
im in the same boat too, im in the process of buying a lincoln ls 5spd, only a handful of them ever made

yea, it's 4295 vs my 97LSC that was about 3800lbs. But it's got two extra doors :)

another thing I liked was that the STS-V has IRS and 19" wheels on the back covering 14.4" rear rotors.

Brian

im in the same boat too, im in the process of buying a lincoln ls 5spd, only a handful of them ever made

I've thought about one of those too. The wife don't like them tho. There was a LS swapped one for sale not too long ago. That thing was perfect.

You gonna turbo the v6?:D

try a newer SHO...

I have a 2012 sho that I took to the shoot out and in stock form it gave me 29 mpg on the trip down there. Then when I hit the track it went right into the 13's Not bad for a car that is 5000 lbs, and has every toy you could ever want. Add to that awd and great fuel mileage... Oh by the way if you add the tune back into the car it will drop into the 12's without doing much to the car at all. Something to look into, and now they are starting to come off lease so there are some great deals on some with low miles on them.....Rich

Rich,
I actually test drove a '12 MKS with EcoBoost and a '12 SHO (same car basically). They were OK, but I felt like the driver seating was more upward like a crossover than a sports car. Also my wife already has a MKT with the 3.5L Ecoboost and I'm not sure if I want another one of those. We've had it for a few years and it's been to the dealer quite a bit.

Brian

Last edited:
I've thought about one of those too. The wife don't like them tho. There was a LS swapped one for sale not too long ago. That thing was perfect.

You gonna turbo the v6?:D

i thought about it but am hesitant, it would be nice to have an unmodified car for a change, ill still have the sc's if i wanna go fast, id rather the sc but problem is that not too many of my lady friends like them, the lincoln rly gets them wett

i will say this, if the 3.0 v6 does falter i wont bother rebuilding it, instead ill just drop a 351w in it with a 76

nice STS-V. I knew about them but never knew what powertrain they had.

Makes me miss my MTM Stage 2 twin turbo Audi S4. That car was classy, sporty, and hauled ~~~~in' ~~~. I'd still have it if it wasn't for my ex wife stealing it from me and totalling it.

Very cool...I only recently discovered that an STS-V existed (thanks to youtube) but had no idea they were that rare.

I recently went through your thought process and settled on a low mile Marauder. It is exactly what I wanted - except for the being slow part :)

Back