Getting the XR7 ready for Carlisle 2013!

J dot Miller

It has been 10 years since I started a new project... Time my Cat gets a little grooming... ;)

Taking the doors fenders and etc off...
DSCF8214.jpg

DSCF8215.jpg

A fresh coat of primer after going down to the metal.
DSCF8217.jpg

DSCF8218.jpg

Jacko to the rescue!
DSCF8225.jpg

DSCF8237.jpg

Getting ready fro the door skins.
DSCF8242.jpg

A little rust removal never hurt anyone...
DSCF8250.jpg

DSCF8252.jpg

Last edited:
Some material I gathered for the project:
  • Side Molding
  • ABS Accumulator & replacement solenoid
  • Refurbished XR7 rims
  • Low mileage door, roof and windshield molding.Back Seat windows
  • Weather strip from low mileage car
  • New Antenna mast
  • New moon roof seal
  • Low mileage moon roof
  • Supercharged stencils
  • and others I forgot...

Here is a tease of the paint on the trunk...
DSCF8241.jpg

Thanks guys...

Been working hard trying to locate some parts. The drivers side C-pillar emblem was a pain but I finally found one. :)

Last edited:
Cool! I like the rocker panel work. I’m going through the same thing right now, this give me inspiration to finish my own job.

That yellow stripe on the bottom of the door. Anyone else seen that on a MN12?

Any details on who it was that put it on the door by chance?

Thanks Tom. :)

:eek::eek::eek: ABOUT TIME YOU STARTED SOMETHING WILL IT BE READY FOR OUR SHOW ????:eek::confused::confused:

Of course it will be ready for the ECRTcc 8th Annual Car Show: April 20, 2013 though I will not enter the car. As it is our show!

That yellow stripe on the bottom of the door. Anyone else seen that on a MN12?

Any details on who it was that put it on the door by chance?

The yellow strip was there to align and cut the door for the door skin to be welded to the door. The XR7 will get the same color red as the hood & trunk.

Here is the bumper trim color I picked. Should I make the side trim the same raspberry red metallic color as the bumper trim or should I leave it the same read as shown on the hood & trunk?

S51436.jpg

Last edited:
Have been working on stickers.

Was able to locate an Emission decal but not the coolant decal. Contacted Osborne Reproductions and they told me there was not enough interest for my decals. I asked him if he could sell me a template but I do not think he was interested. So, I found someone else who will make it for me.

The first requirement was that I dimension it. Not one to mess around when it comes to measuring, I borrowed a recently calibrated Vernier Caliper from the office to take on the task...

DSCF8384.jpg

Made a few rough sketches and some notes...
DSCF8383.jpg

Tomorrow I will clean things up and contact the vendor. More to follow... Wish me luck!
:cool:

Last edited:
Back