Rob's Near 9 Second Runs - The Video

Trunk Monkey

SCCoA Member
Rob knocking very hard on the 9 second barrier!

I didn't spend a great deal of time putting this video together but I hope you enjoy!

Regards,

Ron

PS - Look for the Easter egg at the end...

- Fayetteville, NC Dragway -
January 5, 2013​

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v2p9ZV-SGoI?vq=hd720" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Nice launch ! Do you know what the stall setting is on that converter ? I'm guessing at least 4500 :eek:

David

I don't know David. You'll have to ask Robert. I want to say 3,800 to 4,200 RPM - same as mine.

He's heading back to the track this Saturday to try again. I'm sure he'll get a good 9 second run this weekend. He was working on dialing in the tune and shift points last weekend.

Unfortunately I won't be there to shoot video.

Yea Toms, he's put a lot of work into that car. It dynoed at 735 RWHP! :eek:

Id at least wear a helmet. Bottomline though is not everyone wanst to tear up there interior to instal a cage and various other things

i am surprised that he is allowed to even get near that track with no safety equipment, thats what gives racers a bad name. that and street racing.

i am surprised that he is allowed to even get near that track with no safety equipment, thats what gives racers a bad name. that and street racing.

If someone wants to risk killing themselves If they have a crazy crash I feel that is up to them. As far as street racing ther eis what I call wreckless driving where you race on a highway or on roads with populations and other drivers. Think fast and furioius. Or at those dammed illegal street races where teh only people there are the ones participating or watching. In the latter of teh two everyone knows the risk and Im ok with it. The fast and teh furious..Which is almost what you always hear about..No

If someone wants to risk killing themselves If they have a crazy crash I feel that is up to them. As far as street racing ther eis what I call wreckless driving where you race on a highway or on roads with populations and other drivers. Think fast and furioius. Or at those dammed illegal street races where teh only people there are the ones participating or watching. In the latter of teh two everyone knows the risk and Im ok with it. The fast and teh furious..Which is almost what you always hear about..No

People might debate on a the need of a rollbar but no helmet is just pure STUPIDITY!!!!!

People might debate on a the need of a rollbar but no helmet is just pure STUPIDITY!!!!!

Cages, helmets, and harnesses each complement the other. If he were to roll that car without a rollbar and harness (using factory seat belts), but still has a helmet on, he is risking fatal injuries. Your neck can still break even with a helmet on. If you have a helmet and a cage, without a harness, you still risk being ejected from a seated position subjecting your neck and other parts of your body to serious damage. If you had a harness and a helmet only, you risk the roof collapsing on your head and windshields/windows have an increased possibility of shattering and injuring the driver.

If you have all three, you're good.

tracks around me, you will get kicked out if you do a run under 13 seconds with no helmet, and i believe under 11.5 seconds with no roll cage.

Just seeing that posted sends the wrong message. I too don't care if he dosn't care enough about his own safety to do the responsible thing, but what about the racer that may be in the other lane? I know i would'nt race him. Street racing and reckless driving are not what the law calls the same thing. Its irresponsible to make a pass like that on the part of all parties involved. kenewagner, nickleman60, Cmac89 i agree.

Very cool car indeed, very impressive too. I too don't agree with the lack of safety, but if this was on a non sanctioned ihra or nhra track then the lack of safety doesn't matter. Its run at your own risk. And the other people in the other lane would be aware of this run at your own risk too. But if it was on a sanctioned track i don't think the track would be happy with a video out showing their lack of rule following. They very easily could lose their nhra/ihra backing.

Just seeing that posted sends the wrong message. I too don't care if he dosn't care enough about his own safety to do the responsible thing, but what about the racer that may be in the other lane? I know i would'nt race him. Street racing and reckless driving are not what the law calls the same thing. Its irresponsible to make a pass like that on the part of all parties involved.

It may well be unsafe for the driver, but having a certified cage, window net, 5 point harnes, fire jacket and a helmet isn't going to do anything to protect the "racer that may be in the other lane". About the only mandated safety equipment at this ET & Speed that would potentially protect the driver in the next lane, is a driveshaft loop.

David

Back