My new purchased 1990 SC

bgck7

Hey guys:cool:,

Since I purchased this new SC1990 automatic, is there anything that I need to be aware off?my 1996 LX is being totaled from being hit by this lady texting?would appreciate the feed back.:)

Regards,
Ramon

Welcome to the club! I am up in Burlingame so not to far from you. How many miles are on the car and usually the biggest issue is head gaskets on these cars but whatever you need let me know I would be happy to help. Do you have any pictures of the car?

Head Gaskets, Cam sensor, Harmonic Balancer, Motor mounts, DIS module, AOD isnt all that great ... many things to go wrong on the early SC's.

- Dan

Yeah definately, on that note .. not just the accumulator, but the Pressure switch, and Pump motor can go bad for the ABS system also.

Suspension bushings, control arms, etc .. lots of things that go bad on these cars in general.

- Dan

Yeah definately, on that note .. not just the accumulator, but the Pressure switch, and Pump motor can go bad for the ABS system also.

Suspension bushings, control arms, etc .. lots of things that go bad on these cars in general.

- Dan

But we still love them and they keep us busy lol.

But we still love them and they keep us busy lol.

No doubt. Of course I am biased towards the 94/95 SC, less problems overall. But then again, I have 3 of them and only 1 is currently running. :p

Im usually too busy working on other peoples SC's to tend to my own. I have at least 4 peoples SC's scheduled needing some work in the next couple weeks. :eek:

Thats sad to hear about your 96 LX being totalled Ramon .. that was a pretty clean car. Hope you'll be keeping the wheels for your SC. If you need some spare wheels to swap onto that car before its junked, let me know I may have a few here ..

- Dan

Thanks guys

Hi all, :cool:

Cam sensor , DIS has been replaced. Just got done replacing all fluids to synthetics. Going to do a tuneup next. Fantastic, lots of project to do:)the paint is all intact, amazed on how clean this car is from inside and out. Do you guys know where to find a car braw for sale, just a big fan if it, hopefully and original if I can.

Regards,
Ramon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 196
Picks

My smart phone only lets me down load one pics at a time , sorry.;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 179
Pic

I was wondering what color red is this called? Enjoy the pics:eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 178
Pic

Saw this here at the joint base airforce soldier. Thought it was cool, his dad used to have like 10 of these mark viii's. enjoy.:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Code

Hi Dan,

Not at my car for the moment , when I do I'll let you know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 180
Thanks Dan

Ya that lavender was such a beautiful car, unfortunately don't have a spare set. Just don't want to go to the hassle of getting a used pair. I've got the 03 cobra's chrome on the car right know. They came from my buddies 97 tbirdlx and his got my old 03 cobra Polished. There from the east coast and there alittle worn , just the chrome paint pealing. The rims are still in great shape except for the color. Since I don't have a spare, this is what's being used for the moment. They were bought from brad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 187
That Mark looked cool until I saw the wing. :eek:

Your SC is looking nice though, please dont put a wing on it like that mark has.

- Dan

Talon 612

Dan, I've got the talons 612 on my 1990 SC now , shown on the pics above. If you pay for the shipments and send me an old pair of rims and tires, I'll gladly make the changes.the 03cobras polished has a good pair of 23555zr17 firestone wideovals probably has 85+ % of meet in them. i bought pirelli's pnezero since it snows here in WA. but this will have to happen soon. just let me know. i willing to give you the rims for free. If not its gonna go with the car totaled. I haven't finalized the insurance results, that's why I still have my car.

Regards,
Ramon

My 95LSC

Dan, I haven't played with that car since I deployed to Iraq, except that I bought a pair of the talon 612 rims. The car still has 60k miles in it and sitting in a storage closed in containment in redwood city. Would like to lower it and do the coil spring conversion. The air bags still works fine just done like the high riding , floaty feel? Scares me, especially on sharp turns? Not like the tbird:) so confident, love these cars!!!!

Wait, youre in Washington right now ??? I thought you were back in the bay area.

03 Cobras .. trade for a set of stockers ?? I will need to look into shipping, but yeah it might be doable. How soon are we talking ??

- Dan

My buddies car 97lx

Here's a pix of my buddies 96lx, withe the chrome 03cobras but remember its a east coast car:(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 139
More pics1997lx

I've added the Matt black side skirt "thunderbird" on both sides and it looks beautiful. I'll get an upgraded pics , when it stops raining here?:mad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 134
Back