The official 2013 carlisle thread!!!!!

XxSlowpokexX

Guys/Gals,

This is the offiial Carlisle thread which I will posting all official information on. I welcome any comments or reccomendations for any new or current events.

REGISTRATION

When registering, use "Super Coupe Club of America" for your club affiliation - do NOT abbreviate to SCCoA. Each year we get a certain number of cars, Carlisle provides us a free tent to shelter us from weather, so don't forget to register under "Super Coupe Club of America."

More info here -

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Also the more people that pre-register the more field space we get which is VERY VERY IMPORTANT!

TSHIRTS

I have someone on board to help with designs. SO Tshirts will be on again. If by chance this falls through Tim can get em done last minute. I do want to get something really cool out we shall see.

So let me know if your going...And if youde like a Tshirt or shirts, what sizes and how many youde like. I dont see them being more than $20 a pop. I believe it was $15 last I did it with design costs included.

The List

1) xxslowpokexx (Pre Registered)
2) Regul8r(I assume not registered under SCCOA)
3) Blown38
4) Rjgraul
5) Wardboy- 3 shirts L
6) Seegers
7) lil Seeger
8) Tim Groth + 100
9) 90sc35thann
10) JimCherry
11) Trunk Monkey
12) Coolhand
13) FastEd
14) J Dot Miller
15) Scott Long

Hotel (Regul8r)

The Hotel Carlisle has just hit rock bottom. The past few years we have said we were going to find another hotel and it just kept falling through. Well last year I visited the Park Inn. Just so happened it was the same hotel I had some buissness training at years ago. They have a built in bar and a mechanical bull...Cool place. So we found our hotel. Now Regul8r being a first time Carlisle atendee got super excited an dbooked a bunch of rooms for his Torino club (I assume hes embarrassed to be associated with us as hes never shownup before!!!!!) I digress....haha...

WELL he was kind enough to call the hotel and get rooms blocked for us as well. SO give him a round of applause! And See below!

Accomodations are set at the

1. $99 rate for Thursday night (early arrivers)
2. $133 rate for Fri and Sat nights
3. They put on a Friday night BBQ event for all the clubs staying there... a FREE beer and Hot Dog/Hamburger with Sides type buffet to show their appreciation to the clubs.
4. Multiple bars and outside areas for us to meet in. They also are connected to a Country night club with a mechanical bull.
5. I have an adjoining room to use as a hospitality suite
6. We also have a seperate meeting room
7. The Hospitality suite is shared with my Gran Torino Sport.ORG group, both groups have our meeting rooms that are also joined by a door
8. Block of rooms together for the group sharing a floor/wing with GTS.ORG
9. PLENTY of parking and they will section off areas for the different clubs to call their own once we get a count of cars, trucks, and trailers
8. a bunch of Mustang and a couple Truck groups stay there every year and some already booked, so we are surrounded by other car guys making the trip to and from the show and partying at night!

When you call they will quote you the $133/night rate for all 3 days...
They cannot put the different pricing in the computer for Thursday night.
The system is a Coorporate system with very little local hotel control.
However, the prices will reflect at time of check out. NO WORRIES

here is a link to the hotel

http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-harrisburgwestpa

Now for those that dont want to spend that much there is the Super 8 North which is closer to teh fairgrounds. Not an ideal place as the party will be at the Pike Inn. But we need that alternativebnext door. See below.

1800 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 249-7000

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...ce_nostay=true

CRUISE - Friday Dave Ward

The official 3nd year running cruise to ...NOT HOOTERS! Well being the hotel has a BBQ arranged for clubs attending the show....The cruise will end up back at the hotel. Dave has bene a bit under teh weather buut I KNOW he will pul through ad get this organized!!!!! (im putting him on the spot.) Go_Karts are saturday so the cruise has to be friday!

Now I promise to have a full tank of gas this year.....Ever see 20 plus cars pull in for gas at once because ONE GUY needed gas........yah..ANYWAYS....Its cool and its fun. Where else do you get to cruise with so many other SC's at once!!!!! This section to be updated!

GO KARTS Saturday 11pm - Damon Baumann

For over 10 years we have been doing an organized go-kart event. The past few years it has been broken down into two events. The 11pm event…the 12pm event. For the sake of prosperity the 11pm event is only to be discussed!

Generally 10 cars are available although that can change. We rent the track for an hour. And that changes yearly. Individual pricing depends on what they charge. Pricing has been 350, 450, 550 (see a pattern). But guaranteed it will be the best money spent at Carlisle besides the show itself!

Due to a perhaps increase in people wanting to Kart we will be breaking times to 30 min ($30) or hour ($60) slots. I generally do 30 min and give someone else a chance as there are only 10 cars. We will start th efirst 10 off with 60 min and give up 30 as needed.

Those interested in this event

1) xxslowpokexx
2) Paul H
3) Tommy P
4) Dave Ward
5) Ken Seegers
6) Lil Seeger
7) Pat Depersia
8) Voula
9) Ralph
10)

Dinner Saturday 7:30 pm John Miller/Don ONeil .

We are doing 7:30 pm so we dont have to leave the fairgrounds early and miss all the end of day events! YOU NEED TO SEE JOHN MILLER or DON O NEIL SATURDAY TO GET A HEAD COUNT TOGETHER!!!! Unsure who will be doing it so I am volunteering both!!!!

Trophies/Plaques Damon Baumann

We went all out with trophies for two years, then plaques....The last few years I bene doing it out of pocket. This year I will again however I think Im going to llimit it two three catagories. Best Engine, Best of show modified and Best of show stock. To make things fair as years in the, I do not allow myself to be voted for in the event. Its for you guys/gals. Like the catagories? They can change so let me know. Remember you guysl

Vendors Donations for raffle (TIM GROTH):

I am nominating Tim for this job. Ok??? :O) Unsure who will be adding to teh pot as of yet however items as in years past will be raffled off at the awards dinner Saturday Night. We tried the fairgrounds last year but I think teh dinner will be better as in the past. COMMONE DONATE TO THE CAUSE!!!!

BBQ

We had a semi successful BBQ the past two years an dI KNOW it can be that much better. We all just need to chip in a bit. I hat eto see just a few people add to teh kitty for food an dI think last year we did a much better job with getting funds. We will need again coolers and BBQ's!!!! Does anyone want to be the lead on this?? WHo brings what? HEEELLPPP!!
Any other ideas you think we can pull off let me know..And all help offered is welcomed!

Thats all for now...Thanks all!!!

Damon

Last edited:
um, yeah, I'll be there!

The party room is ready and the hospitality room too.

Room booked, posted a thread on the convoy I am running to the show from out here!

Ah... :rolleyes:

You making the switch too?

I've been planning it for about 2 years now. Just haven't had the chance to convert it.

If the black car isn't running for carlisle the 80lb injectors should be on the red car so I can run some e85 thru that too.

Nice.

I just ordered up a set of 60lb injectors. Rob said there were tuning issues with the 80's and recommended against them.

For some reason BuyFordRacing has the 60's and 80's priced exactly the same. Which makes me wonder why the 80's aren't worth more ... :confused: IMHO it tends to lead credence to what he's saying.

Anyway, back on topic. I'll be at Carlisle this year.

Last edited:
Well I finally have the time avaiable for a run to Carlisle!!!!!!! Got some parts to install but shes ready. Hope to see some old friends
CoolHand
(Matt)

Back