Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much overdrive should I run??

$310? Well now I feel stupid...lol, If I could find one that cheap, I will definitely have one! I've just seen people asking 400 or so for them and assumed thats what they went for. I'll probably post looking for one when I recover from this last big spend on my motor

I bought my late model off eBay for $130 shipped. I spent 400 on porting and having the rotors recoated,sound ports closed,new coupler and all new bearings and seals. I also bought a mp inlet and 75mm tb. With the fuel system upgrades I have this swap should yield a easy 1.5 seconds off the quarter with my fmic. If you find some stuff used you can go from stock to ported late model with 42# injectors 255lph fuel pump and cai and maf and tb for a little over a grand. Pretty good bang for the buck mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Long View Post
    $400 vs $2200+ mounting, fuel rail, injectors, maf, tb, fmic, tune...

I'd say the late model is great bang for the buck.
    You better double that Whipple estimate son..........
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

wow.... can you just get a whipple by itself or do you need to buy it as part of a kit for another car like a mustang and sell off the other parts you can't use?
    Scott Long
    1992 SC 5-speed
    Black on black leather, lowered, 18x9 Chrome Saleens...

Quote Originally Posted by 90tbirdsc View Post
    I bought my late model off eBay for $130 shipped. I spent 400 on porting and having the rotors recoated,sound ports closed,new coupler and all new bearings and seals. I also bought a mp inlet and 75mm tb. With the fuel system upgrades I have this swap should yield a easy 1.5 seconds off the quarter with my fmic. If you find some stuff used you can go from stock to ported late model with 42# injectors 255lph fuel pump and cai and maf and tb for a little over a grand. Pretty good bang for the buck mods.

So do you think I could get a late model blower with a mp inlet without having to upgrade maf, tb, and injectors again since I already have 75MM tb, 76MM maf, and 42# injectors? (My full list of mods is the first post on this thread) because if I don't have to upgrade all of that again, I'll definitely get one! :cool:

wow.... can you just get a whipple by itself or do you need to buy it as part of a kit for another car like a mustang and sell off the other parts you can't use?
    Was gonna be my exact question Scott

Quote Originally Posted by smith181992 View Post
    So do you think I could get a late model blower with a mp inlet without having to upgrade maf, tb, and injectors again since I already have 75MM tb, 76MM maf, and 42# injectors? (My full list of mods is the first post on this thread) because if I don't have to upgrade all of that again, I'll definitely get one!
    Yeah you'll be fine if you are already tuned for the 42's.
    Scott Long
    1992 SC 5-speed
    Black on black leather, lowered, 18x9 Chrome Saleens...

Sure you can but you have to have a custom intake made along with other custom parts for it to work/fit a supercoupe and that ain't cheap...........
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160959539023...84.m1438.l2649

4 days left on e-bay rite now. currently $150+shipping. As mentioned above better intake will help greatly, as will porting, just adds $$$ if on a budget, stock is still better than early stuff. Also budgeting for solid coupling/snout rebuild is a good plan, not all sellers are honest

Adam

I'd get a 10% JS pulley and see how much boost it makes...if over 15 change the supercharger pulley back to stock (early model) to lower it some. Same parts will be needed when switching over to a late model so you won't be wasting the money. Big advantage to the late model supercharger, is being able to use the much larger MP inlet plenum.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aroot1 View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/160959539023...84.m1438.l2649

4 days left on e-bay rite now. currently $150+shipping. As mentioned above better intake will help greatly, as will porting, just adds $$$ if on a budget, stock is still better than early stuff. Also budgeting for solid coupling/snout rebuild is a good plan, not all sellers are honest

Adam
    Wish I had the money for it right now, I'd put a bid in! I'm gonna buy one though when I can...right now I just want it going again!