Rob Breaks the 9 second barrier Today!

Trunk Monkey

SCCoA Member
... With helmet. :D

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mfVMg7mrxOE?vq=hd720" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, I forgot to add that run was WITH the OD on!

He forgot to turn it off. LOL

You can hear it shift into 4th towards the end of the run.

Unfortunatly the motor gave it up later in the day. He does plan on building an even faster engine! :eek:

Here's what he said:

RobertP at TCCoA said:
Well it finally let go. lol

But second pass of day was 9.98 but I left over drive on and car went over drive just before thousand foot [mark.]

Then ran a 10.00 off the limiter in 2nd gear at 138.72 she was still running strong but the cracked cylinder wall finally gave up actaually may have been 2 cylinders but first pass of day was 10.06 and my other pass was 10.10 Chung was [driving the car] the pass [when] it let go.

But I accomplished the 9 before it finished off.

Timeslips:

9 seconds... In Overdrive! lol

9SecondRun_zps81315ffa.jpg

10 seconds flat!

10Second-Run_zps95f93eb0.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pass! Can you give some info on the combo? Also any idea what cause the cracked cylinders?

He's going to tear down the engine and take a look at it.

Here are some details. The numbers are just amazing!
  • Vortech T-trim at about 21 lbs boost
  • Diamond pistons
  • Trickflow 44cc heads
  • Trickflow intake
  • 3" Kooks Headers
  • Duel 405 lph fuel pumps
  • 105 lb fuel injectors
  • E85 Fuel
RobertP at TCCoA said:
Yea the big Kooks headers and E85 and the bullit discharge tube along with the huge Accufab throttle body really picked it up, now I'll concentrate on helping Ricky go fast with the SVO blower setup the setup should be capable of mid 9s with out even pushing the limits of the motor, the new setup will be an iron block.

Robert

RobertP at TCCoA said:
Yea, we figured each cylinder is roughly 110 hp and stock is 25 hp lol

RobertP at TCCoA said:
0-60 mph per Wallace racing is 1.89 seconds
Best 60ft ever is 1.47

It's an Explorer [block] but if you do the math I was pushing near 900 hp at the flywheel, and we weren't exactly easy on; it from readings Teksid is no stronger than a wap block. The other thing is, at that power level something can always break, I mean that thing propelled a 3,760 pound car full of gas with driver, so it was moving some weight, I can't shed the weight on it easy, I've tried on simple stuff just don't work and I'm not stripping the car down.

Robert

Last edited:
Back