Does anyone make a decent exhaust system for our SC's?

90tbirdsc

Basically what the title says, does anyone other than scp make a good exhaust system for the SC's? Mine has been redone but I took it off tonight and it has many cracks and holes for some reason and it wasint that way when I bought it 2 years ago. I would like to get a dual-single-dual setup like I had.

^ X2 on the mandrelbentsystems/Trubenz... a bit of drone with their simple X-box, if you use something like a DIDO Magnaflow resonater with probably any muffler out back you'll like it.

Little growly when you get into it but not obnoxious when cruising along.

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/Platoribs/92 mandrel exhaust install/

Here's a link to the pictures I took of my installation. I hung it in the driveway and hired a welder to come buy and weld it up. Its definately a quality product.

Getting the downpipe to seal up to the OE manifold required me to find an exhaust gasket at my parts store. I just looked for and found what I needed, times two and it caame together very nicely.

Not sure if they have sorted out the coupling up to the OE manifold but otherwise everything was slip to fit, weld and enjoy.

I'll be using Kooks mid-length next time so notwithstanding clamping the header to the downpipe, or maybe welding, no cats (not sure about the no cats part?) Magnaflow or Borla resonater.

Last edited:
I also have a Mandrel Bent Systems exhaust and am very happy with it.

Sean

Yes the mounting to the stock manifold is accomplished through a simple exhaust donut.

I bought the 2.5" outside donut with a 2.25" internal metal sleeve.
Removed the internal metal sleeve, push the donut up on the manifold and tighten the pipe onto the studs... easy done! I ran mine and went back to tighten again to ensure it was tight after a heat cycle.

i didn't see an option to not order cats. I am going to remove my flowmaster setup and have a shop make my system with parts I want and pipe size i choose.

I'm interested, I sent you a pm

replied to your PM.

This is a direct bolt in to take place of the stock down pipe and resonator.
Passenger side O2 bung in stock location and Y-Pipe clamped to down tubes
Includes the donuts to seal at the manifolds rear of Y-Pipe "OUT" is ball socket with flange that connects direct to the stock center/single pipe

2.5" pipes, 2.5" dual IN and single OUT on the Y-pipe

Catless.

I cant get to the website from work. Some reason it's blocked. Do they not have a kit that comes without cats? I thought they did have one previously.

They might not have it on the website but you can call them, talk to Josh.
He can make it up "for off-road use only"

True Bendz

http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.co...ord-cln-89-dsh-97-Ford-Thunderbird/Categories

They created the front section from my original system I sent them, the rear they have been making all along... GREAT SYSTEM!

This is what I have on my car, if you buy a x pipe with a resonator it doesn't sound bad at all. Well with my setup anyways.

(Had long tube headers, with 2 qtp electric exhaust cutouts, x pipe w/resonator followed by gt500 stock mufflers) before the x pipe it sounded pretty raspy

Can't get their number as I can't get to their website.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Mandrel Exhaust Systems Contact Info from Web Site said:
If you would like to reach us by phone or place an order via fax:
Office - 305-378-9337
Fax - 305-378-4494
Note: Office Hours are Monday-Friday 10am-5pm (eastern).
We spend most of our time designing & fabricating.
E-mail is the Best Method of Communication.

RwP

Back