Is there room for true dual exhaust?

Polecat Z

I haven't had my '91 SC in the air yet but was wondering if anyone has a true dual exhuast on there car. True duals with an X-pipe would sound very sweet IMO.

yes, i have seen it done before can't remember the configuration for sure, but I think the pipes stay close together and go about the same route as the stock pipe instead of staying on different sides. someone here can show you a picture im sure

Most people that have duals go with the 92-up TBird tank as the exhuast routing is a better than on the early style tanks.

Here's a shot of my dual 2.5" pipes through the later model tank on my 89 SC. (More pics on website listed below)

swbext3.jpg

George, Your car is SO BADASS!!! I remember reading an article in some Ford magazine years ago about the Auto Kraft SWB models. You must have spent a fortune on that car to this point. It looks well worth every penny that has been spent. Your exhuast is exactly what I had in mind. I bet it sounds awesome too. Thanks for the link!

Yeah, as George said, you're going to want the 92+ tank. Here is what my dual 2.5" setup looks like off of the car. It's not as pretty as the setup up on SWB #5......

Thomas

Exhuast4.jpg

ANOTHER PIC

ANOTHER PIC

Last edited:
Just be careful elimination the resonator. I had a terrible drone at around 2,7000 PRM with the 14" long Borlas and the X-pipe. I finally put on some 19" Borlas and that help alleviate the droning in the cabin. The X-pipe while a good style crossover does not help with drone elimination. I would put in some type of resonator if I could only find room under the car! That 8" is missing about where the stock resonator sits.

Yeah, you are going to want a resonator. I was almost deaf by the time I drove home from the exhuast shop, and it sounded like butt. So I had them stick a pair of 12" glasspacks in there and was a night and day difference.

Thomas

beautiful exhaust !!! i built mine with duel 2.5" going into single 3.5" then back out to 2.5" i never thought of doing duel

:)

I have a true dual set-up with 2.5" stainless, hi flow cats, H pipe, Magnaflow resonators and 13" Borlas, new style gas tank in an '89 automatic sc. I tried it without the resonators and it was loud. Since my car is an automatic, the x-pipe would have blocked access to the tranny with resonators so I compromised.

X pipe might work in a stick car.

Back