My MPxS results

I also installed the new MPX and the car does feel faster but I can not get any more boost then about 15psi no matter what blower I put on. I had the MPIII then the MPX and now the new MPX and all never made more than 15 pounds and all were at 25% OD. I have tried new belts, MP springs and checked for leaks. D. Dalke do you think the cam thats in my motor is a possible cause?

Driver mod. :p (PS: I'm back in C-town)

Have you raised your blower to add tension? Do you have a chart that shows the boost? I'd like to see the actual boost curve.

Other than that, I don't remember your exact cam specs, but I'm guessing we could probably improve on them. Also, if the motor has been raced a lot or over revved a few times the valve springs are probably shot. You'd be surprised what a modern set of valve springs will do for a motor. You can change them without pulling the heads or motor.

Never thought of raising the blower. I will see if I can find a dyno sheet and post it up. The car has only been raced like 20 times on a track and a bunch of short street "testing" since you built the motor like 5-6 years ago. Car has never seen more than 6000rpm and the rev limiter is set at 5500 for the last couple years. A turbo sounds like a good idea most days!

My MP2S just arrived back from Charles. I'll be putting it in Sat. I'm looking forward to seeing how mine runs with it and see if I get similar gains.

After swapping in my MP2S last weekend I took it out today and my boost is up 2 psi to 14 over the 12 psi I was getting with my S-model. I'm going to get it retuned in a couple of weeks so it'll be interesting to see what my new power levels are.

Mine's an MP2 I obtained in a trade a couple of years ago. It's been sitting in a box since so I decided to use it for the rotors rather than my S-model.

After swapping in my MP2S last weekend I took it out today and my boost is up 2 psi to 14 over the 12 psi I was getting with my S-model. I'm going to get it retuned in a couple of weeks so it'll be interesting to see what my new power levels are.

I wonder if my boost gauge is wrong? I am running a ported late model with a non ported plenum stock tb and maf full exhaust and a cam with a 5% is and 5% blower pulley I peg the boost gauge at 15psi+

Back