D@m shady mechanics

90MN12

Ok, a little venting n some ear rubbing woosa's. Freaking love the previous mechanic who installed some parts n supposedly fixed some issues. Apparently u need to stick around and observe people. So I go in for a hub swap, get a brake fluid leak repaired, n put some regular parts put on. YEAH, not going as planned. First, way more leaks found. Oil from lower engine dip stick. Knew about that one. Oil from tranny, near tranny cooler, knew about that one. Power steering pump leak. Didn't know getting rebuilt. Power steering fluid lines leak, didn't know getting lines repaired. Brake fluid leak at cruise control switch or sensor thing. Didn't know from where but knew of bad leak. All front end bushings bad. Didn't know was that bad and hadn't planned on spending over 800 on parts with engine mounts that I also didn't know were out. Front struts leaking oil / fluid, didn't know b4 taking car to mechanic. Intake manifold leaking engine oil, apparently due to previous mechanic putting silicon at rear of passenger side. Didn't know about that leak. Oil pan leaking. Didn't know about that leak but should have. And finally rear pinion seal out leaking differential fluid. Knew about that one. I think that's it for fluid leaks and front bushings. And was all bushing out except for rack n pinion. Apparently KW double intercooler installed a little wrong and was rubbing metal to metal on radiator I believe. Was gonna change back to stock alternator pulley due to low power at idle with under drive but apparently that previous mechanic took off a little rough and spots on inner ribs bad as well as outer pulley part / lip. My issues with hesitation around 8-10 lbs of boost were possibly found. I need a tune up and new wires with less then 8000 miles due to that mechanic not putting the boot right on the spark plug drivers side closer to front. Wire boot looks bubbly, white powder inside boot and on tip of plug. Oh, and parking brakes r trashed so will be looking for some soon. Don't know if we can buy new or not. Having issues finding some small end parts for hub swap. Gonna rebuild late model calipers, and there has to be other issues I'm forgetting. Kept hearing more new things each day. But hey, I can't say I don't love this car. And that I won't dump an additional 25000 in future upgraded parts. Ok. Rant over for now. Hope I haven't waisted much of your life to whoever reads this. Oh, n some possible good news past week. After around 5 years, I might get my parts back from Manny. Hopefully they won't be to bad. My mp2 with 10% od pulley n mp plenum should be mp3 smiley ported and rebuilt, ported intake manifold and return plenum. I had paid for an additional intake plenum but don't think its coming.

Last edited:
All kidding aside. If I had an engine leaking from all of those places I would take it out and re-seal the entire engine. It would probably be easier. Sorry about your suspension being shot. It happens.

Last edited:
I'll add that if that was the factory suspension, it's not the mileage doing it in, it's the AGE.

ANY car this age would need new front bushings / joints under it, if it were still factory.

We're at that point with the 1988 Dakota the stepson bought for $150 ...

RwP

Back