T-Bird reproduction lower rear reveal molding

Rodeo Joe

SCCoA Member
As most here know, Ford discontinued the Thunderbird lower rear reveal molding a few years ago. I know mine isn't in the best of shape and I'm sure many people here aren't happy with the way their molding looks.

I know this gentleman from the New England Group of the thunderbirdnest.com - Thunderbird Forums and he has a contact with QAA USA, makers of automobile trim pieces. They have made numerous items for the Retro-Birds and I asked him about the reveal moldings for our cars. He said he would be more than happy to run it by them, I have a spare molding to give them. I will be seeing him next month at a show to give him the molding.

What I want to know is, who would be interested? Apparently the company wants to see documented interest or websites that show needs. I have no idea if they could even make it, how much it will cost, how long it would take. Nobody will be committing to anything, just looking for interest.

Joe

Last edited:
I would and several other members would as well. to answer the question of which one it is, its the lower molding between the trunk and the back glass that looks horrible on most of our cars.

if enough ask maybe both top and bottom would be made. i am sure more than just my car needs a top piece.

Back