Project MPXS MAX!

davec73

SCCoA Member
I am starting this thread to announce that Charles at Magnum Powers has taken on a project for me on my MPXS. Last year the 95mm throttle body was introduced for us by Magnum Powers, we asked and he made it happen! Last year while buying parts for my car I chose to go with the MPX because of its cost and compatability with the SC and I wanted to keep my car M90 powered. I then had a custom abradive coated gen v rotor pack installed in it and set it up with the largest throttle body and intake available at the time which was an MP CAI and 85mm throttle body. This winter while my engine bay has been empty I got to thinking of how else I could increase the performance of my MPX setup to achieve my goal of 400 rwhp. I got with Charles at Magnum Powers and he is going to customize and enlarge my MPX inlet as much as possible. While he enlarges the inlet he is going to set it up for the 95 mm throttle body and make a 4" MP CAI to compliment the setup.

Charles and I will update this thread as the build progresses and I will post results as soon as the product is complete and the car is bieng dynoed at SCU when the motor is finished and tuned.

For those MPX owners that might be interested in this combination in the future just leave a post on the thread and he may bring the bigger inlet and Cold air intake into the product line to accept the 95mm tb and 4 inch intake if there is enough interest!

I need some scu dyno tuning right about now.

Dave, i think your goal of 400rwhp will be a walk in the park with the new blower. Good luck buddy:)

Thanks but its been anything but a walk in the park so far lol. I would like more but it seems as though 400 is the current bench mark to hit with an m90.

Not interested in turbo?

I've been following your build for a while, I REALLY hope this one turns everything around for you. What is Dave Dalke building you?

btw, walk in the park as in that blower should be capable of producing your goal.

Not interested in turbo?

I've been following your build for a while, I REALLY hope this one turns everything around for you. What is Dave Dalke building you?

btw, walk in the park as in that blower should be capable of producing your goal.[/fQUOTE]

No turbo for me this one is a SUPER Coupe I thought about it before but I just cant bring myself to do it. I am keeping all of my SCs Super charged if I want a turbo a 3000gt awd would be alot of fun!! Of course I dont fault guys for going turbo for the power levels that can be achieved but this car will only be ran down the strip a few times a year. It has been my goal for a while to be able to drive it where and when I want, take it to the drag strip or autocross it if I want. That why the darn thing has taken soooooo long to build and is costing me so much I want the best of both worlds and thats no easy goal.

Dave is building and assembling my motor with 351 w eagle hbeam rods balanced crank arps forged diamond .30 over pistons. They key is the restrictions in the cai, ability to add a bigger throttle body and the inlet itself. Charles bieng willing to look at putting an inlet into production that can connect those dots is really exciting as well!

Last edited:
We will see what the outcome is with mine and the more guys that show interest the more likely it will be produced. I really hope that the results are what I anticipate them to be!

Im running 351w modified eagle H beam rods myself. Not sure on the brand of piston but they are forged.

Not interested in turbo?

btw, walk in the park as in that blower should be capable of producing your goal.[/fQUOTE]

No turbo for me this one is a SUPER Coupe I thought about it before but I just cant bring myself to do it. I am keeping all of my SCs Super charged if I want a turbo a 3000gt awd would be alot of fun!! Of course I dont fault guys for going turbo for the power levels that can be achieved but this car will only be ran down the strip a few times a year. It has been my goal for a while to be able to drive it where and when I want, take it to the drag strip or autocross it if I want. That why the darn thing has taken soooooo long to build and is costing me so much I want the best of both worlds and thats no easy goal.

Dave is building and assembling my motor with 351 w eagle hbeam rods balanced crank arps forged diamond .30 over pistons. They key is the restrictions in the cai, ability to add a bigger throttle body and the inlet itself. Charles bieng willing to look at putting an inlet into production that can connect those dots is really exciting as well!

Very nice Dave. Hope this helps you out. 400 rwhp requires everything to be working together nicely. Maybe I'll stop out when you get yours tuned, and have the 95's tune tweaked with new "S" rotors as well.

Chris

Not interested in turbo?

Superchargers are a lot of fun on the street once you get one making 400rwhp. Plus the tq these engines make is incredible. What crank are you guys using? Stock I assume?

Very nice Dave. Hope this helps you out. 400 rwhp requires everything to be working together nicely. Maybe I'll stop out when you get yours tuned, and have the 95's tune tweaked with new "S" rotors as well.

Chris

Thanks Chris If I am not mistaken aside from a couple of unknowns there have been several mpx cars in the high 300 hp rang setup similar to mine. I really havnt spared anything putting this together and my hope is that it can be put into production by Magnum powers so that everyone else can take advantage of the opened up intake cai and 95mm tb. An engine is an air pump and I am setting mine up to pump as much air as it is capable of doing lol. my supercharger all of its components, heads, cam out the tail pipes are all matched up as well as they can be IMO so I really hope I can get there. I believe there is a member who just dynoed w the new rotor pack alone on 91 octane, no meth or qtr horse @ 362 so whats another 38 hp right lol.

I made 380hp and 456ft/lb through my stock AOD trans. I sent Alan an email and plan on doing the 4R70W swap with all the goodies and will be doing more work from there. Here is my dyno graph and that was on 91 octane with a build similar to yours and the MPXs

08818253-51c4-4bed-ade4-7c9a63d4cb2d_zpsd987a546.jpg

Last edited:
you would be really close with a 5 speed like mine but really nice numbers man. The addition of the 95mm tb and 4" intake wont hurt my chances of busting 400 either! Give Charles a call and let him know you are interested I think he said he needs around 35 people willing to participate because of the high cost of producing this part so the more interest shown the more likely it will happen. That is why I am trying to have this thread moved to the technical forum so everyone can view it.

I made 380hp and 456ft/lb through my stock AOD trans. I sent Alan an email and plan on doing the 4R70W swap with all the goodies and will be doing more work from there. Here is my dyno graph and that was on 91 octane with a build similar to yours and the MPXs

08818253-51c4-4bed-ade4-7c9a63d4cb2d_zpsd987a546.jpg

Whats up with all the dips in the curve?

Back