My new to me 35th Annv project (pic heavy)

Damn, man, that is ridiculously awesome! I think that the hood is especially great, because it seems like it would have been a factory option back then for some sort of visual performance package. I've often thought of putting thin pinstripes down the center hood lines.....looks like you had that same sort of idea, but took it a step further on it.

Car is back up on jack stands and going back under the knife. The HRPT was a real shake down and it helped me realize a bunch of places for improvements and failures.

List of upcoming updates.
1. Pulley upgrades to 8 ribs. Plus more overdrive! Nearing max RPM of the D1SC.
2. Switching to an AIR/AIR unit and losing about 100lbs in the process. (I just don't think a liquid setup is the right way to go with a centrifugal.)
3. Shifting radiator 5" to get a full sized fan on it.
4. Going with just the in-tank 340lph fuel pump.
5. Maybe again I say maybe...shift the A/C condenser with the radiator and run a new inlet to the procharger. Won't know if I have the room until I get the new intercooler.

I plan to do some of the fabrication for mounting my new intercooler this weekend. I'll need to have 90deg elbows welded on it and this is the unit I settled on.
http://www.treadstoneperformance.co...63&prodname=TRV259+Series+Intercooler++1300HP
img-67939-csvul14005141843024-large.jpg

I may have to get methanol injection at a later time. I'm hoping the pressure drop on this unit is as advertised at only 2.0pst at 1950CFM. We will see.

Anyone know where I can get one of those lincoln 17" spares with lugs now?

Last edited:
What size pulley on the d1sc now? What size you getting next? I ran a rr 3.2 6 rib/ 7.5" crank on my d1sc with procharger 3 core and intake temps never got over 105* with the throttle open. a2w is nice but I'm with you that I don't think it's needed on a centri setup. One big mistake I made with that setup is the converter locked bottom of 2nd and lugged rpm down out of the power band and never got to try it with an unlocked converter. So if you're running an auto trans the is a lot to be had tweaking the converter lu schedule.

Last edited:
Chris most everyone I know running real fast with centrifugals run liquid to air. I suppose though for everyday driving you don't have to worry about heat soak so much with an air to air. For drag racing they are truly the bomb

No I'm looking for the 17" lincoln LS spare that uses special lugs. David Neibert has one and can maybe shed some light. It will clear the big brakes I have.

sorry, guess i misunderstood what you were asking....just remember seeing those mark8's

No I'm looking for the 17" lincoln LS spare that uses special lugs. David Neibert has one and can maybe shed some light. It will clear the big brakes I have.

Correct, I'm using this spare for both my SCs. Jim Sanderson found them for me at a salvage yard.

David

I have another one of these without a tire Chris.

Last edited:
Update on the project and status of the car!

So far the car has about 7500 miles on it and some things have reared there evilness. As a result, the car is getting some upgrades and other updates. First of all the some things I wish I would have done from day one but elected not to. Change the wheel bolt pattern. I've had a constant steering/wheel vibration since the car was finished. I've had the wheels/tires checked twice on a road force reaction balance machine. The techs cannot seem to find anything wrong with them. Not sure exactly what is going on as the wheel bearings are new. The entire front end is new so I am at a loss for where the vibration is coming. Possible issues are bad new wheel bearing, bad tire (techs missed) who knows. Anyway I'm going to do a hub swap to the 5 x 4.5 pattern. This will open up the plethora of wheel options. This will require me to obviously update bearings and hubs so maybe that will correct any issue there hopefully.

I also have an addcco 1.5" front sway bar on the car. While the handling and anti-roll it provides is great I cannot stand the ride. So I will be swapping that back to stock. (I have a sway bar for sale if anyone else would like to try it. PM me.)

We also noticed finally after 7500 miles that the rear tires were getting chewed to death. It appears that either something has come loose and the alignment has changed dramatically or it wasn't done properly the first time. I have the original report and everything is within spec so who knows. I plan on using Rod's alignment guy as he is very familiar with these cars and I want this done right once and for all. I do not need to chew up another set of rear tires. I'd like to waste them doing burn outs. :shock:

Anyone who has been next to the car on the highway or in a tunnel or ridden in the car knows the exhaust is ridiculously loud and raspy. I've even changed resonators trying to tone down the drone. I think honestly that the 3" long tube collectors are just too big. If I had it to do over again I'd stick with 2.5". I'm not changing the headers so I am going to redo the exhaust again :roll:. I am going to use a magna flow true X-CORE dual in dual out muff for a resonator. The muff's will be as big and long as I can manage in the back. Hopefully, this will quiet down the drone and make riding it in manageable.

I am also going to completely rely on methanol injection for inlet temperature cooling. There is a thought that I am loosing approximately ~3psi or so through my inter-cooler. Which BTW is not as efficient as hoped. This will free up an enormous amount of space up front for radiator and AC condenser air. This will also allow me to shift my radiator about 5 inches to the drivers side of the car. Which will then allow me to remove the procharger inlet hat. Procharger believes that this is a constriction on my ability to pull air in to make boost as the hat was designed to work with a much smaller unit only producing 6psi. I will then be able to run a straight 4" pipe into the unit without any bends. All of this alone should help produce and additional ~3-5 psi. Hopefully this is where the 40-50hp has been hiding? Who knows it is an SC right?

The other on-going issue with the car is the belt tensioner. It was really designed for a 6 rib belt. I have been using it with an 8 rib belt and it really isn't up for the job. I am going to adapt either the SC stock supercharger tensioner or the AC delete tensioner. Hopefully, this will aid in belt slippage problems and produce and overall better system.

Finally, on the way home from Carlisle the supercharger pulley bolt backed out on me and let the pulley wobble. We will have to machine a new pulley but I think that needs an upgraded hat washer to prevent that happening in the future.

Hopefully, these things can get accomplished over the next new weeks and I can get the car back on the road again.

Upgrades are:
1. Optima batter and purdy hold down tray.
2. Some bling (come to the shootout to see :eek: )
3. Hub swap and New wheels obviously.
4. Meth injection as stated.
5. New exhaust.
5. Updated inlet tubing.
6. Moving trans cooler and lines.
7. Pulley tensioner.
8. Proper pulley hat washer.

I think it's immaculate now Chris. I have the same vibration you and Dave do. I'm looking in to the pinion angle as the culprit because everything is new just like yours. Ford had a tsb on the pinion angle driveline issue years ago so I am going to get mine check and degreed to see if that takes care of it.

I think it's immaculate now Chris. I have the same vibration you and Dave do. I'm looking in to the pinion angle as the culprit because everything is new just like yours. Ford had a tsb on the pinion angle driveline issue years ago so I am going to get mine check and degreed to see if that takes care of it.
There should be no question as to whether or not it's a pinion vibration or wheel vibration. The pinion is turning at 3-4 times the rpm as your tires. You can tell the difference. At 70-80mph the pinion will be turning so fast you'll be able to hear the vibration as much as you feel it.

3 psi through the IC....wow that's a lot. Has that been measured or just an estimate?

Looking back I don't see the IC dimensions (I honestly didn't look through all 26 pages) but a picture makes the core look like 8x10x6 ish which does seem a little small to me but I know you put a bunch of time in up front researching specs for this stuff.

Are you IATs good or do you have trouble controlling those too?

Last edited:
Back