My new to me 35th Annv project (pic heavy)

There should be no question as to whether or not it's a pinion vibration or wheel vibration. The pinion is turning at 3-4 times the rpm as your tires. You can tell the difference. At 70-80mph the pinion will be turning so fast you'll be able to hear the vibration as much as you feel it.
Thanks Dave that should help a lot of us narrow it down to not being in the wheels and tires. Mine is at around 70 mph and it comes and goes shaking the rearview mirror and entire car for that matter at what seems to be much faster than the wheel speed.

3 psi through the IC....wow that's a lot. Has that been measured or just an estimate?

Looking back I don't see the IC dimensions (I honestly didn't look through all 26 pages) but a picture makes the core look like 8x10x6 ish which does seem a little small to me but I know you put a bunch of time in up front researching specs for this stuff.

Are you IATs good or do you have trouble controlling those too?

I agree 3psi seems like a lot. It is the same core Corey is using with his Turbo car. I am was getting higher than expected inlets temp as well. Hopefully this won't all be for nothing.

Thanks Dave that should help a lot of us narrow it down to not being in the wheels and tires. Mine is at around 70 mph and it comes and goes shaking the rearview mirror and entire car for that matter at what seems to be much faster than the wheel speed.

Whenever I have had that issue it has been the driveshaft bolts backing out...but maybe that's not your case...some loctite and good to go.

With my car opened up for upgrades and repairs I'm ditching my brake dust making pads for something MO-Better. Did a bit of reading and it appears the EBC redstuff ceramic pads are engineered for heavy cars such as ours while providing the lowest dust of any of their line. I've got the cobra calipers up front so it appears part # EBC-DP31131C is correct. For my stock rear relocated calipers part # EBC-DP31164C appears correct. Anyone ever try these or are my part #'s off?

Cheers,
Chris

**EDIT
1989-1992 Rear calipers need - EBC-DP31172C
1993-1995 Rear calipers need - EBC-DP31164C

Last edited:
Back