Compound boost with a procharger?

90tbirdsc

I have this idea and I want to know if you guys think it would work well or not, not looking for huge hp but a nice improvement.

Here goes,
P1sc procharger at 5-7 psi not intercooled, slot maf, and leave my ported late model and the throttle body and all other components in place along with the Fmic. I think this would be way easier than having a turbo feed the sc. I would have to figure out where to mount it But I'm wondering how much hp it takes to turn a p1sc at low boost. Would it be worth the gain?

yup, guy doesnt post here though. Drive a centrifugal blower car before making any decisions ;)

See that's the thing, the car I drove was quick without the vortech sc.it was a Pontiac ws6 ls1, It made 768whp on pump 91 at idk psi. It was actually a fun car, I was expecting it to be scary but it really wasint. Just really fast, was black tracking at 75+ mph.

I've also drove a procharged 01 cobra that made just under 500whp, I love the feeling of the boost coming on:D but they are easier than a turbo kit.

Anyone know what #'s they have made on SC's?

My car run 7.49 with a d1sc, stock split port heads, cam, 3500 rpm converter, and 373 gears. Not sure how it would do in front of a m112.

I think it would be a whole lot easier to fab than a turbo. Don't have to mess with exhaust. Assuming you have the proper bracket.

Just raced a marauder with a novi 2200. It came out the hole pretty slow for the power and speed it trapped. Everyone he race thought they had the race won cause he was behind almost to the 8th mile then come blowing by them.

Car made 717hp, race weight was 4410 had 4.10 gears a 3500 stall converter and 29" tall tires. It ran 11.0 at 129 with 1.75 60's. It just needs more gear and maybe converter.

This one shop did something interesting with a centri. The pullied it to max impeller speed and used a blow off valve to limit max boost. That way it made boost sooner but didn't overboost the motor.

Chris, I researched that back when I had mine. There is a company who makes a device just for that for porsche's. 928motorsports I believe. Cant remember what they call it though.

Personally I'd run just the procharger with a big stall. Think mine was making 370ftlbs at 4200rpm which is where the converter would flash. so it was instant tq out the gate.

Back