Looking for a 94/95 SC harmonic balancer

Smoovsonny

Is there an aftermarket harmonic balancer that actually bolts directly on a 95 super coupe. I bought the one oriellys listed (powerband pb1497n) and its definately not zero balanced. Bhj is more than I would like to spend but if its my only way of getting the bird back on the road then I guess that's what I'll have to do.

A used balancer is likely to fail eventually .. although I might have one if I dig through my pile of parts ...

You could always get the aftermarket balancer 0 balanced, I think the last shop I took one to was about $50 for the service, balanced it with the pulley.

- Dan

Thanks for your reply. I took the balancer back to oriellys and got a refund. What are some thoughts on a rebuild? The seal between the two pieces deteriorated, leaving the outer ring in free spin. Would rebuilding it be worth spending the money on? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

How much is the rebuild cost ? They inject new rubber between the two halves ? Its always going to be prone to failure .. the real solution is the solid steel BHJ balancer. I have read that part of the problem with re-using an old balancer is during the removal process something distorts on the hub that causes it to not have a proper tolerance fit like a brand new balancer would have.

- Dan

Reman. HB

Went to drop off my busted HB at damper dudes today and they actually had one ready to go!!! Installed it just now and it's running decent and smooth no vibrations. I know it's not the best route to go with, owning a SC but noone in northern Cali had a new replacement to purchase. Damper dudes in Anderson, CA charged me $108.00 and it looks as good or better than the replacement parts napa and oriellys tried to sell me. And the parts stores wanted $135.00. Damper dudes also back there product with a one year warranty.

Back