Announcment: Changes to the look of Member and User ID

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Beginning May 24th we will be implementing the following changes, to how your Board ID is displayed.

Right now it looks like this:

David Neibert
Still loves the Cobra Rs
SCCoA Member #: 858
Member Page

This is what it will look like for paying members.

David Neibert
SCCoA Member
Member Page

This is what it will look like for registered users or people who's membership has expired.

David Neibert
Member Page

The line that includes your SCCoA member number will be deleted. If you wish to retain your SCCoA number for use in your Signature or on your Garage page, you must record the number and make those changes yourself.

The ability to add a short comment like "Still loves the Cobra Rs" will no longer be possible and existing comments in that field will be deleted when these changes take place on Friday May 24th.

The main reasons for making this change is because we no longer issue SCCoA member numbers, and there is currently no easy way to tell who is a dues paying supporter, from someone who is only a registered user.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

David

PS: The old member page links will be one of the next things to go. I will make a separate post covering that subject at a later date.

Beginning May 24th we will be implementing the following changes, to how your Board ID is displayed.

Right now it looks like this:

David Neibert
Still loves the Cobra Rs
SCCoA Member #: 858
Member Page

This is what it will look like for paying members.

David Neibert
SCCoA Member
Member Page

This is what it will look like for registered users or people who's membership has expired.

David Neibert
Member Page

The line that includes your SCCoA member number will be deleted. If you wish to retain your SCCoA number for use in your Signature or on your Garage page, you must record the number and make those changes yourself.

The ability to add a short comment like "Still loves the Cobra Rs" will no longer be possible and existing comments in that field will be deleted when these changes take place on Friday May 24th.

The main reasons for making this change is because we no longer issue SCCoA member numbers, and there is currently no easy way to tell who is a dues paying supporter, from someone who is only a registered user.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

David

PS: The old member page links will be one of the next things to go. I will make a separate post covering that subject at a later date.

Sad to see the number system go away. I, at the moment cant tell if I am up to date on my membership dues since nobody notified me. It will be good when you guys get it all squared away and the membership part become organized. Will membership fees go up?

Ken

Ken,

This post will show you how to check your current status (follow steps 1 thru 3) and how to join or renew your membership (follow steps 1 thru 4).

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=946358&postcount=2

Nothing is written in stone, but at this time we are hoping to increase the number of SCCoA Members , instead of increasing the cost of dues. The cost of SCCoA Membership is still $15 per year.

Benefits of paid membership:

You can ad an avatar (photo) to your board ID.
You can add a signature that can also include a photo that shows up beneath all your post.
You will not see the Google banner ads at the bottom of the pages.
You will receive a member discount from some vendors and club sponsored events.
You will be eligible to receive free SCCoA window stickers.
You have access to member only forums, which includes the Lounge for discussing non-car related topics.
You have the ability to upload more images (50mb vs. 500mb for members).
You have the ability to store more private messages (70 PMs vs 500 PMs for members).
You can create a Garage page for several cars to list your modifications and upload numerous photos for hosting, which includes adding your timeslips and dyno charts to the Garage lists.
And most importantly: You will be one of the people who is helping to keep this club alive by paying for the cost of hosting this website on a dedicated server, and the cost of sponsoring important club related events.

David

Last edited:
And there's nothing saying this won't come back some day. We're going to be looking for some PHP and mySQL guys. Volunteers would be great, but we'll take what we can get. If we can work out a good way to automate some of this stuff, we'll do it. We just don't want to put a system in place that requires constant manual intervention and doesn't get done well.

Thank you and glad to see the site will continue!
New "blood" is a good thing.

BTW, because of the link in this thread I updated my subscription and made it an automatic yearly renewal! YAY!
My baby and my SC are back as my avatar along with my #436 member #.

I will be putting my member # in my signature to keep it in view... VERY PROUD of the fact that I was an original member back in the day and returned to the family!

Last edited:
Thank you and glad to see the site will continue!
New "blood" is a good thing.

BTW, because of the link in this thread I updated my subscription and made it an automatic yearly renewal! YAY!
My baby and my SC are back as my avatar along with my #436 member #.

I will be putting my member # in my signature to keep it in view... VERY PROUD of the fact that I was an original member back in the day and returned to the family!

I hear ya! I don't have THAT low of a membership number, but I'm still proud of it. I've always liked that membership numbers were right there near your avatar, but we roll with the changes! I guess I'll be putting mine in my sig as well.

Im gonna pay the membership too hopefully tomorrow
:) have gotten lots of help here its only fair I at least help a little in return :p

Plus I wouldnt mind adding my car to the garage :b

Im gonna pay the membership too hopefully tomorrow
:) have gotten lots of help here its only fair I at least help a little in return :p

Plus I wouldnt mind adding my car to the garage :b
Nice! It's only 15 bucks, and you know you can't beat that!

Congrats David n Pat!!!

Good job keeping the club going!!!

Im not on as much as i use to but always been a paid
member since 04...

Noticed its been "under new management"

Nice work!!

Tom

Back