Guesses on my dyno numbers??

Thanks appreciate the info cam specs are still somewhat Chinese language to me trying to learn as I go I will eventually ask him once im ready to buy things I gotta email him soon either way in a couple weeks so he can help me get it tuned

Then save for 3.73s for my self bday gift in october and christmas cam valve train and balancer upgrade :p havent enjoyed the car in 2 years :/ I wanna drive it for a while :D

Exactly! Enjoy the car. It's important not to lose sight of this.

A low 13 second SC is still a damn fast SC on the street. Ther is nothing wrong with that.

Exactly! Enjoy the car. It's important not to lose sight of this.

A low 13 second SC is still a damn fast SC on the street. Ther is nothing wrong with that.

Would I be in 13s ? Or 14s because I have 3.27 gears ?
:D
Yes im planning to just enjoy the car for the rest of the year get gears and cam and all parts and once everything is together put them on there
Actually just bought another SC engine a 5 speed trans and a stash of bolt ons
Once this one is running good ill leave it alone and start building myself a bottom end and good head set up
Ive never done anything like that ever but I want to learn

Would I be in 13s ? Or 14s because I have 3.27 gears ?
:D
Yes im planning to just enjoy the car for the rest of the year get gears and cam and all parts and once everything is together put them on there
Actually just bought another SC engine a 5 speed trans and a stash of bolt ons
Once this one is running good ill leave it alone and start building myself a bottom end and good head set up
Ive never done anything like that ever but I want to learn

300 HP will get you in the 13's easily.

It'll be on the Dyno June 5th down at my friends shop in NJ.

The engine does have a cam.

.573 lift 208/216 int/exh @ .05 on the duration. 114 degree centerline angle. It's a good streetable profile. It idles very very smooth and delivers nice power down low. She draws about 18 inches of vacuum at idle in park and about 15 in drive.

I'll be happy if it hits 300+.

What shop?

That's right around the corner. Can't wait to see your results!

Will you be dialing it in on the dyno refining your tune or are you just making some pulls. Is it hard to find a shop that will work with BE Moetes quarterhorse?

Also interesting to see the improvements that are made when it is dialed in from original mailorder tune. I know you have been tweeking it yourself that must be daunting to say the least. Talk about a learning curve!:eek:

That's right around the corner. Can't wait to see your results!

Will you be dialing it in on the dyno refining your tune or are you just making some pulls. Is it hard to find a shop that will work with BE Moetes quarterhorse?

Also interesting to see the improvements that are made when it is dialed in from original mailorder tune. I know you have been tweeking it yourself that must be daunting to say the least. Talk about a learning curve!:eek:

I am by all means no BE expert but between Dalke and Chris Vining I have the fuel curve really dialed in. Next is setting the timing curve and that is where the dyno comes into play. I'll be doing pulls but making adjustments in BE myself. Dalke gave me direction and it seems straight forward.

Now that I have been playing with BE I can say this. At first it was very intimidating. Now not so much. I would recommend for anyone on the fence that it is definitely the way to go. I am glad i did it.

Whatever happened to the dyno results?

Did you run into tuning issues?

No tuning issues at all. The car runs perfect. Never made it out of NH. My entire trip got canned. I still need to dyno.

I think I am going to send the stock 94 blower to dalke for porting before I hit the dyno. If I had known the weather was going to be so crappy for the past two weeks I would have sent it out to him weeks ago.

Gotcha. To bad about the weather. Wife and kids in Marblehead Ma for a couple weeks visiting her mom. I was just thinking about missing another NE summer. It has been raining for two days straight here in GA.

Porting helps those SC's a lot so thats a good thing to get done. Most importantly I am glad she is running well and you must be happy to have it all done and sorted out.

I would love to do some cruising this fall if I can swing it.:D

Back