Fuel pump

93superbirdie

My fuel pump went out. What should I get to replace it besides one from the local parts store. Upgrade the fuel pump. The car has long tube headers cold air intake and a 5% jackshaft pulley. It a 93 so I will be putting on a late model superchared on it and other go fast parts. I'm looking to something I can just bolt in. I was looking on supercoupeperformance.com at there fuel pumps. Just seeing what other people's preferences are.

Get the 255 High Pressure or the Aeromotive Stealth 340 center inlet. Either one you need to change the connector on the cars wiring.

Are you planning on dropping the tank or do you plan on popping up the back seat and cutting the floor. I never thought I would say it but cutting the floor was easy breezy.

Dropping the tank I have a lift I can use so it not like I'm in a garage on the floor trying to do this and this is the third one Ive done. It kinda sucks I have a half tank of gas too so she's nice and heavy.

Dropping the tank I have a lift I can use so it not like I'm in a garage on the floor trying to do this and this is the third one Ive done. It kinda sucks I have a half tank of gas too so she's nice and heavy.

It's doable without a lift if you are persistent. I have done it once in a driveway. Once in an apartment building parking lot. And once on a residential street. Not fun, but I have done it.

See I cheated....i bought an entire fuel pump assembly off here and put the 255lph pump into that, so i just have to swap it out when the time comes, a 10 minute job.

I would rather take a punch in the nose from someone before touching a gas tank, but on my 90 SC after taking a good two months after getting a new pump I plowed in. Two exhaust bolts and some lube to drop the rear exhaust pipes and two tank straps your there.

If only it was that easy for me.....custom 1 piece exhaust lol

What size?

I'd buy a coupler, cut it in a straight, put the coupler on to reattach, and go to the muffler shop and get them to put a ball and socket joint there.

Note to any reading: Do NOT, repeat, do NOT use a 1-piece exhaust! Put at least ONE coupler in it so you can drop the exhaust and get to the gas tank! Unless you can weld it back up yourself ...

RwP

See I cheated....i bought an entire fuel pump assembly off here and put the 255lph pump into that, so i just have to swap it out when the time comes, a 10 minute job.

Let me know when you start working. I will call you 10 minutes later to check on you. :p :D

What size?

I'd buy a coupler, cut it in a straight, put the coupler on to reattach, and go to the muffler shop and get them to put a ball and socket joint there.

Note to any reading: Do NOT, repeat, do NOT use a 1-piece exhaust! Put at least ONE coupler in it so you can drop the exhaust and get to the gas tank! Unless you can weld it back up yourself ...

RwP

Agreed on the exhaust advice. I had two flanges welded on my new exhaust directly in front of the resonator. I did not however have the shop use the ball and socket joint. I had them use flat flanges and gaskets. I fully expect the bolts to seize up on there but it;s easy to cut those bolts where they were placed.

Well my luck the person put dual exhaust in so it will unbolt easy from the long tube headers. Then it's gettin redone cuz it's rubbing on stuff and it looks bad.

Back