Super six motorsports stage 3 heads

Steve Meyers

I have some stage 3 heads from super six motorsports, with beehive springs.
The heads came off a 92 bird with 85,xxx miles. Haven't been on a car since I got them back from Tom. I was originally going to use them with my turbo setup before I went to split port heads. Looking to recoupe some of the money I have into them. Not looking for stock heads, or anything like that.
I have right at $1,800 into them. Pm me offers if your interested.

88-98 Ford 3.8 V6 Mustang SuperCoupe T-Bird Cougar Taurus
82-98 Stage 3: Fully ported and polished, gasket matched, unshrouded and polished chambers, swirl polished 1.88/1.57 stainless steel valves, 3-angle valve job, unshrouded and polished chambers, beehive valve springs, light weight retainers, new valve seals, surfaced and completely assembled: $1750* per set 240 CFM intake/181 CFM exhaust. Adjustable roller rocker arms recommended.
Best bang for the buck single port 3.8 head on the market $200 refundable core
89-95 SuperCoupe requires customer supplied cores, no core fees

Link to the site: http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/_pdf/3.8_4.2/SSM2013catrev1CylinderHeads.pdf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 1,403
steve do you have flow #s

I don't, I just called Tom @ super six to have him pull up my order to get the specs. Ill let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Steve

P.s. I tried calling you back about the headers (twice) I'm glad you got it taken care of!

I don't, I just called Tom @ super six to have him pull up my order to get the specs. Ill let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Steve

P.s. I tried calling you back about the headers (twice) I'm glad you got it taken care of!

They didnt do anything I had the outer flanges welded and no more leaks. Kooks has really crappy customer service fwiw both of the guys I talked to just made excuses as to why they where leaking and wanted me to pull them off the car and send them back, which at this point there was no way I could do.

They didnt do anything I had the outer flanges welded and no more leaks. Kooks has really crappy customer service fwiw both of the guys I talked to just made excuses as to why they where leaking and wanted me to pull them off the car and send them back, which at this point there was no way I could do.

Oh I know, they told me the same crap. Well like I said I'm glad you got it taken care of.

Steve

Those #'s are extremely inflated.....

That might be true but I'm just going off what super six told me.

It's been brought to my attention that: They are nice heads, and maybe on the Super Six flow bench they do flow 260, just saying that people like Dalke, Steigimier, Coy Miller and several others can't get the single port intakes to flow over the numbers I posted below. BTW, the Dave Dalke CNC ported and hand massaged heads with the biggest valves I've ever seen in an SC head, that are on my motor now, flow right around 235/195.

David

This is what David Neibert sent me.

So maybe Tom is just "inflating the numbers" I'm not sure, I don't port things for a living (other wise I would have done them myself)

Steve

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. That the heads don't flow 260cfm isn't a killjoy for someone wanting to make some serious power. I think people would be surprised to find out how "little" the heads flow on some of the fastest/highest HP cars in the club. Matt N's heads on his 9 sec Mustang flow something like 220cfm which is typical for a well ported SC head.

I've had just about every possible configuration of ported SC heads on my flow bench over the years and I'm here to tell you there is no magic in cylinder head porting. As long as it's done correctly it is pretty easy to achieve 220/175 on an SC head which represents an ideal 80% E/I ratio. I'm going to guess that these heads probably do achieve those numbers which means they are capable of supporting 400rwhp or more with the right supporting hardware. 260/170 is not a good number anyway because it represents a horrible 65% E/I ratio. You wouldn't want that even if it was possible.

I'd be curious to actually put these on a flow bench along side a set of Coy Miller SII CNC heads that I have here, but that's probably not practical.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. That the heads don't flow 260cfm isn't a killjoy for someone wanting to make some serious power. I think people would be surprised to find out how "little" the heads flow on some of the fastest/highest HP cars in the club. Matt N's heads on his 9 sec Mustang flow something like 220cfm which is typical for a well ported SC head.

I've had just about every possible configuration of ported SC heads on my flow bench over the years and I'm here to tell you there is no magic in cylinder head porting. As long as it's done correctly it is pretty easy to achieve 220/175 on an SC head which represents an ideal 80% E/I ratio. I'm going to guess that these heads probably do achieve those numbers which means they are capable of supporting 400rwhp or more with the right supporting hardware. 260/170 is not a good number anyway because it represents a horrible 65% E/I ratio. You wouldn't want that even if it was possible.

I'd be curious to actually put these on a flow bench along side a set of Coy Miller SII CNC heads that I have here, but that's probably not practical.

Gotcha, well the heads are for sale lol So if you'd like to flow test them you can.....:D

Now my big question is why when I talked to Tom, and I told him the heads are for sale on Sccoa and people were asking for flow #'s why in the world would he give me crazy inflated numbers? It kinda makes me look like an ~~~......

Steve

Bigger numbers sound better than lower numbers. :D It's kinda like comparing dyno numbers from different dyno providers.

Gotcha, well the heads are for sale lol So if you'd like to flow test them you can.....:D

Now my big question is why when I talked to Tom, and I told him the heads are for sale on Sccoa and people were asking for flow #'s why in the world would he give me crazy inflated numbers? It kinda makes me look like an ~~~......

Steve

Steve,

It was probably because some of the other companies supplying heads and motors to the V6 mustang guys (like Delk) were claiming to get over 300 CFM intake flow on their single port heads. I don't think it reflects poorly on you, because you are just telling people what Super Six told you.

David

Steve,

I don't think it reflects poorly on you, because you are just telling people what Super Six told you.

David

Very true, I'd just hate to have people on here think I'm making up numbers.....because that's not the case at all.
I appreciate you letting me know David
Thanks

Steve

I have the same heads from Tom on my 89. you can make big power with them... when I purchased mine the specs were...

88-95 Stage 3 SuperHeads: Stage 2+ plus additional intake porting, high polished chambers, 1.88/1.57 stainless steel valves, .54 lift CompCams springs/retainers: 228 CFM intake/189 CFM exhaust. .83 exhaust/intake flow ratio:

I only have 700 miles on mine, but I am happy with the power they made in conjunction with other supporting mods.

Also that is a fair price for a new set of heads.

Back