Carlisle 2013 Aftermath

XxSlowpokexX

I figured we can start here...Thoughts and whatnot..

What I learned.

1) You dont need to bring your SC to have a great time with the guys
2) If you own an SC and a mustang, chances are your mustang will never ever win at Carlisle
3) Its really funny to turn off someones Gokart at the start line right before taking off. (its even funnier trying to avoid those people from doing it to you)
4) Dave ward was the official crash Dummy for the gokart event. Ken Seegers took the award last year.
5) Ralph was the unfortunate recipient of being at the wrong place at the wrong time during gokarts.
6) Bryon does not own an SC no matter what he says.
7) The new hotel was great. The torino guys were great. Unfortunately not much time was had with them due to our scheduales being completely booked.
8)Too much alcohol Friday means more Saturday

All in all a great time was had by all. For next year we have some great plans and the support of the SCCOA. Been rough the past few years.

Current ideas. To go for the best themed club tent..Whats the theme..I DONT KNOW

Have Tim Groth enter an SC into the burnout contect. Hes always wanted to do it...And if we donated a few bucks we can get a junker to go for it!

So for next year we will have a similiar itinerary...Club dinner, Club Cruise, Club Awards, Club Drinking event... We will want to add a membership drive, club stuff to buy..And more

Great shout out to all that attended and for Tim as he stepped up to helping out this year with the SCCOA shirtsand goodie bags..And Ralph for creating the most excellant 300 yard+ SCCOA banner ever!

10 things I learned.

1.Renting a U-Haul auto transporter before finishing a car means you will be committed to get it to run so you can drive on it.
2. Tacoma can handle the tow just fine, just don't do panic stops.
3. Open header supercoupes will get everyone's attention at the fair grounds. And some will mistake the car for a v8.
4. Glazing the car but not waxing it and driving though a monsoon means you will need to reglaze the paint.
5. Not having the energy to detail and clean the engine bay, can cost you a prize.
6. New hotel was great. Talking to a cowgirl version of Paris Hilton, while bodyguards cock block you, equals a good laugh.
7. You need to loose the mini skirt and do your hair in order to win a bikini pageant contest. Its in the name!
8. House arrest girls are very outgoing too bad they can go out and party with the ankle bracelet attached to them. And I think they all do sexual favors to their PO in charge.
9. Running out of gas with a car in tow means you can use the tow vehicle for extra fuel. Just pull over in a safe spot.
10. Our sccoa spot just needs to be a few feet more that way and they will have successfully kicked us out of the fairgrounds. At least we are close to the ports pottys.

1) need to take off Monday to detox from Friday and Saturday night especially if you are drinking with Damon & Tim
2) The only teal car was loud
3) We need to have a better idea on who bringing food for cooking.
4) Damon takes forever to pick out a cooler
5) Make sure you do not a waitress that is on Meth
6) Only in Carlisle can you see a hot girl with a monitoring bracelet
7) This year for go-karts I ended up with NO bruises
8) When go-karting take out your Iphone prior to going coughDamoncough

And a big thanks to Tim for the shirts and goody bag, Damon for getting the food which we had enough for two days plus, & SCCoA for tent for keeping us dry on Friday.

Ken

Great time as usual. I am still quite sore from go-carts. We need to stop the deliberate t-Bone and or head on hits with the go-carts next year guys someone could get hurt (like me) och.... /U] or Damon's I-phone :eek:

Got to the Virginia state line coming home and had to stop at the rest area for about 20 min could not keep my eyes open, so a short checking eye lids for leaks fixed that. Hit rain a few miles before getting home.

Winning first place for the 94/95 SCs really topped the weekend. :D

Looking forward to next year. :D

1. Bring an extra pair of sneakers so you do not get blisters from walking miles with wet shoes.
2. The hooters is really closed, do not mess with straight Jim.
3. It is soooo lonely when you own an XR7.
4. Jumper cables are useful things to have in your trunk on a Sunday morning.
5. Finally stayed up with the big boys. Need to leave a post-it note on my dash saying "a cup of coffee the next day makes the ride home easier on the eye lids".
6. It was so quiet in our complementary suite you could hear a fly fart.
7. Sometimes following the itinerary reaps benefits like 3 free hamburgers, 2 free hot dogs and five free beers at the hotel welcome buffet.
8. Do not visit Meguiar's just before the BBQ or you can miss out on hamburgers while you are applying new gunk to the car.
9. Glad I took Monday off from work. I feel much better after 14 hours of sleep.
10. A little rain-x before leaving for carlisle comes in handy when your wipers stop working.

1) It takes Damon forever to pick up a box of golf pencils...almost as long as it takes him to pick out a new cooler.
2) Tim Groth gives call signs to every girl he approaches at a bar (Birthday Girl, Mossy Oak Girl, etc...)
3) The bikini contest is rigged...not that we care!
4) Never pick on Seegers for his golf cart bruise...the one you get the year after will be bigger.
5) If you use 94-95 exhaust manifolds on a non-EGR SC, put loctite on the plug you use for the EGR tube hole.
6) After years of being stagnant, the SCCoA is in good hands and heading in the right direction.
7) House arrest anklets are sexy!
8) Teal still rules over black in the Carlisle showfield!

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a great weekend!

DW

10 Things I learned at Carlisle this year:

1. Driving to Carlisle in the rain SUCKS!
2. You can wash you car at the Hampton Inn before the show.
3. It ALWAYS gets hot as hell at Carlisle on Saturday. - Bring a wide brim hat for the head and sunscreen for the neck.
4. The Turbo coupe guys are really cool.
5. In addition to tires the burnout contest has the potential to burn your car up!
6. Miller gets camera envy. :D
7. Do not apply water to quick detail until you're ready to remove it with SOAP AND WATER!
8. Rain water at 80+ MPH is an acceptable substitute.
9. The winners parade and "Photo op" is just a last minute excuse for Carlisle to try to get more $ out of you...
10. Driving home from Carlisle in the rain SUCKS!

Additional items of note:

1. I have about 10 Min of video of the go cart (bumper car) carnage.
2. I have video of most of the Burnout contest.
3. I have a few pictures of "ankle bracelet" girl.
4. I have group photos for next years' SCCoA Carlisle T-Shirt consideration.

Hey rico, what year tacoma? I have a 2007 and was nervous to tow with it so i used a buddys tundra. It would be nice to feel comfy using my own tho. What did you get for mpg, i expected about 10mpg.

Well, what better way to start the photo's off this year than with the house arrest anklet girl everyone's talking about ...

Put your 3D glasses (or beer goggles) on for the full effect. LOL

IMG_5792_zps55bc7e67.jpg
IMG_5794_zps71099126.jpg

Last edited:
Hey rico, what year tacoma? I have a 2007 and was nervous to tow with it so i used a buddys tundra. It would be nice to feel comfy using my own tho. What did you get for mpg, i expected about 10mpg.

Its a 2013 lease. Quad cab short bed. V6 sr5.
It was scary at first but once comfortable I was doing 80 mph.
Brakes are a ok. Just keep your distance. And no hard breaking around bends. The uhaul trailers have brake assist, but you need to lie about the car being towed. Their computer won't let you tow an sc. But it will let you tow a compact fwd car.

Back