NED Wednesday 6/12 ???

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
I've got an itch I REALLY need to scratch, anybody interested in meeting up??

Right now I see 20% chance of some showers so I'm tentatively planning on going. I'll firm that up tomorrow morning, hopefully the weather is a little better since I would hate to drive 2.5 hours for a rain out.

Looks like maybe a pop up shower during they day but less likely in the evening...still showing 20-30% chance of something though.

I'm going to take the risk and head on up.

Went but track was really slick.

Car ran well....made 4 runs.

Best was 10.99@126 but the 60' was 1.77 and I was spinning pretty much all the way through first gear even with the tires @ 10.5 psi.

126mph had me at about 6600rpm so I think with better traction I'm going to be on the rev limiter for sure.

All in all a good night....I was the quickest car at the track tonight which was pretty cool

Nothing broke so that is a good night. Time for some 28" Hoosier Drags.;)

I'm thinking my 5 year old 27x10.5 tires on 16" wheels aren't gonna cut it.

My hang up is I have plans to put a rear end in the car this winter and I just can't see buying tires to put on these wheels for 4 months.

Now if I could find a way to mount 15" wheels with a 5x4.5" bolt pattern on the car then I might consider new wheels and tires that could work with the new rear end.

I'm thinking my 5 year old 27x10.5 tires on 16" wheels aren't gonna cut it.

My hang up is I have plans to put a rear end in the car this winter and I just can't see buying tires to put on these wheels for 4 months.

Now if I could find a way to mount 15" wheels with a 5x4.5" bolt pattern on the car then I might consider new wheels and tires that could work with the new rear end.

You have PM.

Simply amazing results Brian. Wow how far that car has come. Just a great job all around.

Who'da thunk? Still a 3.8 with a supercharger.

We may need a new class at the Shoot Out this year for you few "Uber Club Members"

Ira

Went but track was really slick.

Car ran well....made 4 runs.

Best was 10.99@126 but the 60' was 1.77 and I was spinning pretty much all the way through first gear even with the tires @ 10.5 psi.

126mph had me at about 6600rpm so I think with better traction I'm going to be on the rev limiter for sure.

All in all a good night....I was the quickest car at the track tonight which was pretty cool

Brian,

Good job on the first time out with the new combo. I know you don't want to buy a tire you won't be able to use with the solid axle, just don't understand why you can't use a 16" wheel on the solid axle.

David

Brian,

Good job on the first time out with the new combo. I know you don't want to buy a tire you won't be able to use with the solid axle, just don't understand why you can't use a 16" wheel on the solid axle.

David

Probably available tire sizes in 15"

Probably available tire sizes in 15"

That's exactly it...16" is very limited.

I kind of backed into the 16" wheel anyway.

Bought 16" tires to put on stock wheels, one year later the group buy came up for the holeshot wheels so I got in on that but didn't want to scrap the new tires so I went 16"

Back