1994blkbirdsc.....thanks me, then complains??

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydivr7673

OK, I recently sold my 1995 SC. Here's the thread:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130182

I clearly described this car as having sat parked for years due to engine problems. I informed the buyer that I was not aware of the complete condition of the car because it had been sitting so long. I clearly stated that the car would need unknown amounts of work.

Member '1994blkbirdsc' asked for more information. So I sent him pictures. We traded text messages and spoke on the phone numerous times. I again made it clear to him that I had not been under the car, or taken the motor apart, so I could only speak to the condition of the car as I knew it to be. He accepted this fully, and we agreed to a price. He paid a deposit.

Within a couple weeks, he came with a trailer to haul it off. Now, here is what he got:

--the car, complete, with title
--brand new drilled/slotted brake rotors and pads, front and rear
--brand new headlights in box
--brand new CX racing intercooler
--brand new CX racing intercooler piping set
I also threw in a second set of wheels that need refinishing, for free. I had planned on stripping them and finishing them myself to sell, but he asked for them so I threw them in for free, in addition to a set of stock rims.

He paid $750 for all of the above. The car has 109K original miles, even the driver's seat was above average. LOTS of parts that could be parted out and sold for easily a lot more money than I got for selling this car to him.

He gets it home, and starts checking it over. he tells me that the rockers are totally shot from rust. even after finding this, he STILL thanks me for a "smoking deal", because he now has lots of good parts for his 1994, and even joked that he found a couple of $20 bills under the seats. That was a few days ago. Today, he starts texting me and going on and on about how I should have disclosed the rust to him--rust that I made it abundantly clear I did not even know about because I had not touched this car in forever. He sends me a text:

"You have the pics. Perhaps I am stupid but the rust issue could have been disclosed!!"

he keeps insisting to me that I "failed in my description". I cannot find any more ways to tell this guy that I cannot disclose what I do not know! I made it 100% clear that the car needed unknown work. And while he claims he was "not attacking me", there really isnt any other way that one could interpret someone constantly claiming that I should have disclosed this "rust bucket ~~~".

Now, I kept this car as a project, and due to other needs in our lives right now, I had to give it up. We are having to either rebuild half of my house or buy a different one, etc etc. But I could have taken the good parts off the car, made more than $750 selling just those, then sold the shell for scrap for a bit of $$, and then to top it off, I gave him several hundred dollars worth of new parts with the deal which I also could have sold and made more money. I dont appreciate it when someone paints me to be dishonest--if I had known about the problem, I clearly would have listed it along with all the other issues I told him about. I was more interested in seeing someone get the car back on the road--I wasnt just trying to make a quick buck and the numbers back me on that.

Angelo, I'd appreciate it if you would simply stop contacting me and harassing me over this. I cannot say it any more ways than I already have. And despite your claim that you are "not attacking me", the way you came across is uncalled for and I dont have to take that. You keep insisting that I should have told you--which can only be taken to mean that you claim I already knew about it and lied about it by not telling you. I'm not going to waste any more time on this. I stand by every word I told you. I dont know if youre getting hassled by your wife about the car or whatever, but I am not going to take being made out to be a liar like this.

Angelo, enough is enough....

Today, he sends me a text message....apparently he saw that I posted about him. So, now that he sees this, he sends me a threatening text message telling me I will get whats coming to me tenfold because I posted this thread. This from a grown man who is older than I am? Just a few days ago, he texted me and apologized for "busting my balls". But today, I get this.

I replied to him that I 100% told the truth about our transaction and would not put up with threats from him. Come to find out that in addition to over $500 worth of brand new parts, he also got a ton of parts he can sell for good money, plus a good 5-speed tranny, a bunch of spare parts for his 1994 SC, and with a little bit of working he actually got the engine to run!

So, for $750, he got a 109K mile complete running engine, a good tranny, a ton of usable spare parts for his car, a ton of good parts he can sell to make his $$ back, AND over $500 of brand new in-box parts. And for that, he's making threats like a high school bully.

Angelo, this is the end of any conversation between us. Here and now, I am telling you, do not contact me anymore. You are a grown man....there is no need for you to be so hostile to me like this. I stand by every word I posted in this thread--it is not my fault that you choose to act this way. All I did was tell the truth, and I will not put up with any backlash from you over that. I have been plenty nice about this, and have been completely honest with you from the start. I even threw in the second set of rims for free and made sure the car had decent enough tires on it for you--at no extra cost. I have gone out of my way to accommodate you and gave you a GREAT deal, and I will not put up with this from you.We are done talking about this....and you had better be done texting threatening messages about it.

:mad: OK my turn here !!!. I am a Bad Buyer because I complained about your VERY lax description ??

I kept my word in all aspects of this deal, Deposit and COD upon pickup !!!

You claimed the hood was in" PERFECT" condition less the paint, WELL BUBBLES in the glass is NOT perfect .. Let me guess you did not see that either ????? Right ???
The ground FX HANGING ??? You put the tires on this PIG ??? You did not EVER think to look to see why they where hanging ????

As a member of this forum you are well aware of what the problems are with these cars, YOU NEVER DISCLOSED THE RUST ISSUE !!!!!!

And YOUR ABOVE AVARAGE SEAT, does this include the bolster being COMPLETLY RIPPED OFF THE PIVOT ?????:eek:

STAY TUNED !!!!!!!!! TUNE TO BAD SELLERS FOR DETAILED PICTURES !!!

If your buying ANYTHING from JOHN, if its not new, ASK QUESTIOMS AND PLENTY OF THEM !!!!

:mad: OK my turn here !!!. I am a Bad Buyer because I complained about your VERY lax description ??

Angelo, it is time for you to tell the truth. I spoke to you several times on the phone, took a bunch of photos for you and texted them to you, and told you RIGHT FROM THE START that I am not a mechanic....that I have a basic understanding of these cars and no more, and that the car needed unknown work. Why do you think it was sold at such a low price? My goal was to see the car put back on the road again--I would have easily made THREE TIMES the money had I just parted it out.

I kept my word in all aspects of this deal, Deposit and COD upon pickup !!!

Did I ever call into question your actions regarding payment? No, I did not. It was your actions after that--including making threats that I will get what I've got coming--which prompted me to post a thread about you.

You claimed the hood was in" PERFECT" condition less the paint, WELL BUBBLES in the glass is NOT perfect .. Let me guess you did not see that either ????? Right ???

Angelo, I told you of the bubbles in the PAINT, which you looked at when you came to pick up the car! you had no problem with what you saw THEN, enough so that you bought the car! IF YOU LOOK AT IT YOURSELF AND STILL AGREE TO TAKE THE CAR, you have NO REASON to attack me later. NONE.

The ground FX HANGING ??? You put the tires on this PIG ??? You did not EVER think to look to see why they where hanging ????

The gground effects were NOT hanging off the car when it left here. I have pics of it on the trailer to prove this. And yes, I put tires on the car--the way I always do--by putting a jack under the suspension instead of under the edge. I did NOT go under the car and made it 100% clear to you that I had not been under this car at all! But YOU were under the car--when you hooked your comealong under it multiple times when we were putting it on your trailer. YOU were under there, and you STILL bought the car, all smiles, and thanking me for a good deal!!

As a member of this forum you are well aware of what the problems are with these cars, YOU NEVER DISCLOSED THE RUST ISSUE !!!!!!

No, wrong. Not every person who signs up here will have the same amount of knowledge about these cars that you have. And you are VERY unreasonable to assume such. You have a few of these cars and you work on your own stuff. You apparently have the room, tools, and knowledge to do so. You are VERY unreasonable in assuming that just because a person signs up as a member here, that they must know a certain amount about these cars. I live in Louisiana, where rust is not so much an issue on most cars. Your assumption is not my fault. I did not at any time represent myself to be anything more than I am. And you know it.

Ask yourself this question, Angelo--if I really knew more than I claim about these cars, why did I give you such a bargain-basement price on a ton of parts when the engine needed a relatively simple fix to run? If I really knew as much as you claim I should "because I am a member here", then why did I lose out on this deal like that? Stop lying, Angelo....I was led to believe the engine was locked up. You disabled the alarm, put in an ignition switch and found the AC compressor totally locked up! If I knew as much as you assumed "every member should", would I have missed that? No, I sure wouldnt. I could easily have made a boatload more $$$ off of parting out this car but I would rather have seen someone else get it back on the road.

And YOUR ABOVE AVARAGE SEAT, does this include the bolster being COMPLETLY RIPPED OFF THE PIVOT ?????:eek:

Dude, seriously??

You got what turned out to be a RUNNING CAR, with a clear title, with an extra set of rims, loads of good parts to keep as spares or sell, and over $500 worth of brand new parts still in boxes--all for $750. EVEN AFTER looking at the rust once you got the car home, you texted me, and I quote:

"She is terminal though, nothing left behind the ground fx. I STILL THANK YOU FOR A SMOKING DEAL!!"

Even after you went over the car yourself at home, you told me that you still got well more than your money's worth out of this deal. And then you were able to get the engine running after that, which made your deal even better! And youre still complaining?

You even apologized for the way you treated me in text over the rust issue...and then you still go off half-cocked and less than honest like this? You came to my house. you crawled under the car while it was halfway on the trailer. You knew more at that point about the car's condition underneath than I did and I made that crystal clear to you. I did not "hide" anything about this car. you got a sweet deal on a load of spares for your 1994 and a lot of parts you can sell.....and you know it. So it is time for you to be honest and stop attacking me one day, then apologizing the next.

John I DO NOT want to argue with you :)

I did proceed with the deal and was happy with it.

The extreme rust did indeed put a dampener in my spirits but I am ok.

I repeat, I DO NOT want to argue with you !!!

All is good.

In the future, if youre happy with a deal, it would be better not to complain about it then. I'm not arguing with you, I simply presented truth and I stand by every word. Nothing more, nothing less. We're finished here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back