Ranch hand rear bumper
Diablo sport tune
4" exhaust

This thing is just an awesome truck this is the third diesel truck I've owned

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 103
It's a shame ford stopped producing these. The later excursions with the 6.0 diesel gets like 21 mpg on highway. The expedition EL is a pig and gets something like 12 mpg around town. Ford desperately needs a diesel option for the expedition and as an ecoboost f150 owner, ecoboost isn't the answer. I love the power but the fuel economy isn't all that.

nice!!! that 7.3 is a great engine and a great workhorse. shouldn't have any towing issues. I think Ford made a big mistake when they went away from it. the newer diesels just aren't the same.

I'm happy with it

I picked it up for an insanely cheap price
It does have quite a few highway miles on it as it was a company vehicle for several years but for the price ill never complain

First mod to compliment what it already has will be a full intake upgrade and a ats turbo wicked wheel upgrade

I'm happy with it

I picked it up for an insanely cheap price
It does have quite a few highway miles on it as it was a company vehicle for several years but for the price ill never complain

First mod to compliment what it already has will be a full intake upgrade and a ats turbo wicked wheel upgrade

Do you guys have emissions down there? When I had my 99 7.3 I cut off the cat and put in a "test pipe" (louder turbo whistle) boost went up also.....
If you can get your hands on a 6.0L intercooler it's pretty much a drop in mod and its a night and day difference.
As far as tuning goes: elite diesel is here in Colorado (tad does all the custom tunes) that's what I'd recommend....I've tried bulley dog, hyper tech, super chips and edge.......all those are nothing compared to elite diesel. He does mail order tunes based off of mods.
I'd stay away from ATS transmissions, and tunes....I've heard nothing but horror stories about them (also located in Colorado)

Hope this helps

Steve

Have a 6.0 IC that has about 4,000 miles on it sitting in the shop bubble wrapped for the last 10 years. If you are interested let me know.

Personally, the 7.3 was good for it's day, but is no longer competative. That being said the new urea is fun to mess with.....:mad:

Had my 6.0 since new and it has never let me down. 97 Cummins, 03 D'max. Owned them all. If you know of anyone looking for an 03 D'max let me know. If I keep it around it's probably going to get traded in for a Vette. :rolleyes:

Back