Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the SC, Purchased a 91 with 58K.

Quote Originally Posted by N8tiveJuggalo17 View Post
    I personally love it, with the manual you could really play in the gears and it makes the car feel a whole lost faster then it probably is, The torque on it is amazing. I do miss the casual cruising of the auto but a car is made to be DRIVEN lol, Even my old v8 bird had the jmod,gear & torque without a tune of course, But I think this one would take it out in a race pretty easily.
    Cool... now the only thing is to find an exhaust set up that sounds better than what I have heard on youtube... Without a cam I just cant find an exhaust sound I like...

New to the sc, purchased a 91 sc

Congrats on the sc. Good Luck with it You will find that these cars are love/hate.
    Since you have had a v8 chicken, you might have a better idea what you are in for. 2 good places to get parts are: Ryan @ The super coupe Shop, or Bill @ super coupe performance, and if the trans should crunch, look on this site @ New Parts and Services. If after it is torn down, and if you find it needs blockers, they can b found on that part of the site. Again, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jjklongisland View Post
    Cool... now the only thing is to find an exhaust set up that sounds better than what I have heard on youtube... Without a cam I just cant find an exhaust sound I like...
    I had this exact conversation with a friend today... the only thing that makes a true difference in the way these cars sound is a cam. You can change how loud it is by changing mufflers, but to make it sound different, the cam is the way to go.
    Any idiot can make a Mustang fast...
    It takes a special idiot to make a Thunderbird fast!!!
    89 SC 4.3 stroker 384rwhp 473ftlbs
    Best ET 13.085 Best MPH 106.6... got some work to do!
    2016 V6 M90 Dyno Champ 2016 Mod 1 Runner Up

Is it my eyes, or do you have a left and a right side wheel on the same side? The blades look reversed. Still, a nice looking car.
    MikeH

Quote Originally Posted by jjklongisland View Post
    Yeah, I cut off the stock mufflers and just welded some pipes in there place, I hate the sound now lmao it's to drony & import sounding, It makes it sound like I'm driving a Honda civic around but luckily I kept the mufflers and will just weld them back into place

nice car. not too often you find one in such good shape.