Paid membership

1994blkbirdsc

With the new layout of the forum I really had a question ??

What are the benefits of a paid membership here when anybody can chime for advise or to sell items ???

If I can get all the features of this forum and NOT pay then. why not ??

What are the benefits of paid membership here ?????????:confused:

Access to the member area forums and supporting the site and it's activities. Some of the activities include sponsoring various chapters of the club as well as various SC events (Carlisle all ford nationals, supercoupe shootout)

Personally I'll put a priority on member area forum questions and will put more effort into the correct answers there then the non-member forum.

What are the benefits of paid membership here ?????????:confused:[/QUOTE]

I don't totally disagree with your opinion.

I would hope that part of the philosophy is to ensure interest for all that own and slow down the " send it to the wrecker" first response.

At the same time I like the idea of developing a limited access or highlight package that draws participants to be members.

I have no problems with the expansion of revenue with a portion used to drive new initiatives.

Paul

I personally felt that I owed SCCoA $15 for all of the information that I read when I was not a member. Although I am new to the club, Im pretty sure that these guys love their SC as much as I love mine. It will be nice to make some new friends out of it too.

[/QUOTE]

From all that I've learned on here, I too feel like I owe the site my subscription. It's a bargain really, but I see what you're saying. Why pay for something that's free? But you can't access all the forums as a registered user. You have to be a paid member to access all the forums. Unpaid has been able to see the classifieds for as long as I've known of the site.

Please don't take my statement the wrong way :)

It just seems most of the action on this forum takes place in the open forum, not the members area.

I agree that for 15 bucks a year there is a wealth of information on this forum.

And from the join page:

Membership includes access to private members only forums, the ability to add your cars and modifications to the garage, various permissions in the forums (Such as uploading an avatar, etc.), the ability to submit your car for the front page SC of the month photo on www.sccoa.com, and finally, an SCCoA member number.

Though recently I believe the SCCoA member number program has been removed. No more numbers.

With the new layout of the forum I really had a question ??

What are the benefits of a paid membership here when anybody can chime for advise or to sell items ???

Benefits of paid membership:

You can ad an avatar (photo) to your board ID.
You can add a signature that can also include a photo that shows up beneath all your post.
You will receive a member discount from some vendors or events.
You have access to member only forums, which includes the Lounge for discussing non-car related topics.
You have the ability to upload more images (50mb vs. 500mb for members).
You have the ability to store more private messages (70 PMs vs 500 PMs for members).
You can create a Garage page for several cars to list your modifications and upload numerous photos for hosting, which includes adding your timeslips and dyno charts to the Garage lists.
And most importantly: You will be one of the people who is helping to keep this club alive by paying for the cost of hosting this website on a dedicated server, and the cost of sponsoring important club related events.

David

A small amount to pay to support the site that provides so much valuable SC information and provides support to SC events.

Back