Let's go Racing

ALS35

SCCoA Member
When: Wednesday July 17, 2013
Time: 7:00 pm to 11:00
Where: TMP Cayuga

They have a test and tune night every Wednesday until the end of August.
I'm going because I want to know if all the work this spring has made a difference.
Hope the mid-week thing is not too much of a problem but weekend dates at the track are limited and when they are running it's busy and chaotic.
Let's get some birds to fly!
Alan

I don't know if I'll be racing or not, but would definitively try to make it down there.

Al

I'm going to have to pass.

I've changed blowers and the cold air side and pretty much messed her up.

I've pulled back on the OD but she's still in "Deliverance" mode and squealing like a pig.

Paul

Track Day

Finally,car is complete, tuned and dynoed. So off to Cayuga we go.
I will be there with you guys but on the road course. Doing a 5pm to dusk track evening.
See you there. Tony:cool:

The car requested a new water pump last Saturday. Just finished honouring that request today. Once again the car is ready and I am glad that it didn't do that half way back from Ohio. Got to like it when the car breaks down 5 minutes from home. See you all at the track on Wednesday.
Alan

Al

I'm hopeing it was the pump.

Pretty sure I did the install.

Let me know if I F''d up.

Paul

Paul;
It was not an install problem. I had that pump 'in stock' for some time before we built the engine. Maybe it was on the shelf too long. looking at the drive pulley when I removed it showed evidence that the pump was dragging causing belt slippage.
The new pump works great and doesn't leak a drop.
Alan

Hot or not, it'll still be fun. Leaving for the track in an hour.
Alan
The A/C works great for the trip to and from. Hoping it will cool off a bit when the sun sets.

Hot or not, it'll still be fun. Leaving for the track in an hour.
Alan
The A/C works great for the trip to and from. Hoping it will cool off a bit when the sun sets.

Thats hardcore....drag racing in 46*C.....id be surprised is you come with 4\10 of your previous best with this heat.....let us know how you did.

Well...........?? Who showed and what came of things. Was tony there as well?
I had some issues with my A/C unit and couldn't make it out. time restraints with the guy charging it. With this heat he is super busy so I take whatever time slot I could get.

Well ... it was really hot. Really. I figure about 32* C with 60% humidity. It was a lot of fun, though.
I managed a personal best of 12.401 at 112.38 mph.
The wheel changing program before and after was the worst part of the hot day. We were sweating just standing around.
Tony was there running the road course but he was heat affected as well. I had a couple of old friends there and took each of them down the track. They didn't understand why I was doing this until after they went with me.
I lined up beside a couple of Mustangs, a Gen 5 Camaro SS and another car I don't even remember. They were all surprised, and watched tailights. The kid in the time shack called it a sleeper. The guy in the pit next to me with a 10 second Faimont even complimented.
Paul M came down to watch and offer encouragement.
Twenty bucks, half a tank of gas and five hours of my time. All well spent as the smile will take a long time to wear off.
I'll watch the weather and try to pick a cooler date the next time.
Alan

Al

Great showing.

Their's probably a tenth or 2 with more user freindly air temps.

Presuming the extra yr. hasn't affected reaction times.:D

Paul

A new personal best is always nice, especially in this heat.

What did you gain over your previous best? Any changes in the car since then and this run?

Last edited:
I had a great time last night!

The highlight of the night for me was riding around the road course with Tony and his new engine - It pulls real good and Tony is a great driver! Some of the BMW guys were stunned and just wouldn't accept a T-bird was kickin' their azz! Too funny :D

Watching Al lay the smack-down on a 550HP 2011 Mustang GT-500 was priceless! That was worth the price of admission alone.

It WAS really hot and humid (did we mention that :p) so I figure there's an 11 second timeslip lurking in his SC somewhere... just need better weather.

Some of you other guys should just come out next time... you WILL enjoy yourselves, I guarantee it! :)

Back