Which Wheels Should I Go With?

What color wheels should I got with

• Total voters

jjklongisland

Hi, newbie here. I will be picking up my new to me 1989 SC from Connecticut on Tuesday and it needs tires real bad. I figured new shoes would be a great addition. I have my heart set on a set of TSW Rivage. I was going to go with silver but they are on back order. It could take 90 days to get them. Should I just go with the black. My SC is a silverish color (cont know the actual color name yet). I am going to get 18" diameter wheels for it.

Attachments

• KIMG0236.jpg
    KIMG0236.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 149
  • TSW Rivage silver.jpg
    TSW Rivage silver.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 140
  • TSW Rivage Black.jpg
    TSW Rivage Black.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 142
If the car hasn't been lowered, that seems like a lot of black, visually. I'd wait for the silvers.

If the car hasn't been lowered, that seems like a lot of black, visually. I'd wait for the silvers.

I definitely plan on lowering it once the wheels are on it. I cant make a decision. The tires that are on it will not pass an inspection. I pick the car up on Tuesday and both wheels are special order. The black ones will take 10 days the silver ones could take up to 90 days. The whole package with tires (245/45/18) are $1200 delivered mounted and balanced... The black ones are actually $35 per wheel more but he will give them to me for the same price as the silvers.

Hi, newbie here. I will be picking up my new to me 1989 SC from Connecticut on Tuesday and it needs tires real bad. I figured new shoes would be a great addition. I have my heart set on a set of TSW Rivage. I was going to go with silver but they are on back order. It could take 90 days to get them. Should I just go with the black. My SC is a silverish color (cont know the actual color name yet). I am going to get 18" diameter wheels for it.

I think the official name of that car color is "Titanium", its silver with a yellow-tan tint to it.

Since it sounds like you're getting a good deal with the black ones (and you'll get them within 2 weeks) I would personally choose them over the silver ones, other than black wheels with black tires might look strange.

I used to play baseball at burns park all the time. I live over by the mall. Good to know theres another super coupe owner here on the island

Yup... Maybe we will meet up someday. Isnt there still a good cruise night in Nassau on Sunrise by the train station, Wantagh Maybe???

Yup... Maybe we will meet up someday. Isnt there still a good cruise night in Nassau on Sunrise by the train station, Wantagh Maybe???

Bellmore and Massapequa train stations on friday nights is usually where everyone meets. I've personally been going to Bellmore, and then everyone goes to Dave and Busters on Rt. 110 in Farmindale after :rolleyes:

Get the black ones. It is trendy to bet black wheels as it gives a menacing look. The silvers will not look right on a Titanium car its not really silver and will. So Id get he darker wheels. But if it will make you happier to get the silver ones don't get stuck with the ones you don't like. But I bet the black ones will look better.

I am not about "trendy" but the black wheels are starting to grow on me. I always think they look dirty. I think silver does look the best with black wheels. I wish I could find some silver birds with black wheels on the forum... Good point about the titanium color. It might make the car less silver and more tan...

I am not about "trendy" but the black wheels are starting to grow on me. I always think they look dirty. I think silver does look the best with black wheels. I wish I could find some silver birds with black wheels on the forum... Good point about the titanium color. It might make the car less silver and more tan...

I could be wrong, but I don't think any 1989-1997 TBirds were ever painted silver. I believe Titanium was the closest to silver they ever came from the factory.

Of those two choices I think the black ones will look better. That said I think a set of black Saleen Speedstars (18" x 9") would look even better.

David

I officially ordered the Black ones... They are expected to arrive in 10 days. Now all that I need to do is pick up the car in CT. :eek:

Back