A little introduction

jjklongisland

Well, I have been lurking on here for about a week and guess I should formally introduce myself. My name is Joe and I am from Long Island, NY. I am a car enthusiast who has owned many many different vehicles. While I might not be the most hands on with them, I do know quite a bit of automotive knowledge.

I will be picking up my 89 Super Coupe next week and cant wait to have fun with it. A relative of mine was the original owner who couldn't wait for this car to come out back in the day. Frankie was so excited to have his first new car a thunderbird supercoupe. He ordered a silver one, 5 spd with every option it had. He unfortunately only got to enjoy the car for a short time before he got real sick and passed away. His sister wound up taking the car and vowed she would never get rid of it. She used it sparingly on the weekends and always kept it garaged. About 3 years ago she moved to Connecticut with her family and it has been sitting ever since. She regularly takes it out for a quick spin around the block every other week. She doesnt have the time or the room to keep it anymore and thought that I would appreciate the car the way her brother did.

I am so glad to be able to have the chance to restore it to better than new condition. I plan on customizing it mildly starting with new wheels and tires, lower it a little, upgrade the stereo, have the seats upholstered and a few performance upgrades (exhaust, pulleys, etc.)

I so far have learned alot of info and will post lots of pics throughout my journey. I am hoping to pick the car up next Wednesday with my other baby (my 08 F150 Supercrew). Once I get it, full fluid change, tune-up., new radiator and brakes. The tires are dry rotted so I have to make a decision and order something asap.

Anyway, glad to be here. I will be upgrading my membership once I pick up the car and cant wait to pick your guys brains...

Hey Welcome to the club! If you are lookin gfor a local car club to meet up with check out newschoolmuscle.com. Youll never get a big group of SC's in LI but there are a few of us!..I tend to check out th enew school meets. They have one in Queens this friday or saturday I believe

Hey Welcome to the club! If you are lookin gfor a local car club to meet up with check out newschoolmuscle.com. Youll never get a big group of SC's in LI but there are a few of us!..I tend to check out th enew school meets. They have one in Queens this friday or saturday I believe

Thanks... I will check it out. I cant wait to get it home and registered...

Its Official, I have my trailer reserved from Uhaul and am finally picking up my new bird on Thursday. Tires and wheels are also scheduled to show up at my door on Thursday. Hopefully She will be registered and on the road by the following Tuesday after I go through the entire car, change the radiator, tune-up, and fluid changes. Then wait at the DMV to get her registered and order my custom plates... Very excited.

Back