Wanted: WORKING seat tracks, driver's and passenger

MadMikeyL

SCCoA Member
Both seat tracks in my 90SC are frozen and won't move, so I need 2 working seat tracks. They are both power now, but I really don't care whether they stay power or go to manual tracks, just whatever works. Let me know what you have, and how much shipped to 07724. Thanks.

Mike

power seat tracks

Both seat tracks in my 90SC are frozen and won't move, so I need 2 working seat tracks. They are both power now, but I really don't care whether they stay power or go to manual tracks, just whatever works. Let me know what you have, and how much shipped to 07724. Thanks.

Mike

hi mike I have a few working set of seat tracks from my many scs.im in Hempstead, long island maybe u can come down and take a look to save on shipping. thx tony.

I have both driver and passenger full power seat tracks, both work, BUT shipping will not be friendly.

Take a trip to the local U Pull IT and see what they have.

Mike
Mike, I had a similar problem and replaced the seat tracks only to end up with the same problem....mine ended up being the seat switches. The weird thing is that the switches checked fine with a meter, but couldn't maintain the connection with the load on them.

I was able to find brand new seat tracks on Ebay, but that was several years ago.

The tracks are definitely messed up because you can hear the motor trying to turn, but they are just binding up. As luck would have it though, a friend of mine just ran his 96 Tbird sport through a puddle and hydrolocked the motor, so he'll be junking that car, and I can grab the set of perfectly working seat tracks (power driver's and manual passenger) for free!

You do know that it's not out of the ordinary for our seat tracks to gum up over time and refuse to slide.

It's usually just a matter of dousing them with the right lube that will free up the old grease and them make them work smoothly. It can help to get behind the seat and push forward gently but firmly on the rear of the seat bottom with the track switch held to help get them clear. Just work them a bit and keep spraying. WD-40 first, then white silicone lube, perhaps.

I had to do this with my '90 Anny once, just on the driver's side, and it's been fine since.

I think you may need to slide them to get to some of the bolts in any case, so you might as well trying cleaning/re-lubeing first :)

Yes, I am aware of that, and both seats have been out and lubed up twice since I got the car, and now on the drivers seat at least, the gears are stripped and it just clicks when you hit the switch. Part of the problem is the car had a leaky sunroof for a while, so the tracks got rusted up a bit and the motors were corroded inside.

Back