Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 75-Shot or 100-Shot

75-Shot or 100-Shot

With typical bolt-ons and 42lb/hr injectors 255lph FI fuel pump would an internally stock 94 SC be able to handle a 100-shot?

100 shot

Yes

In-direct injection

If i were you i would NOT inject the NOS into the engine directly. I would set up the nos to be injected into the Intercooler to drop the incoming air charge temp. Colder air equals more power, and it should be less harmful on your engine.

But you need to put it AFTER the intercooler. The air comming throught he intercooler is hotter than the nitrous. If you let it run through the intercooler, you will heat it up.

hmm

you think if its injected at the intercooler it will heat up too much to be effective by the time it reaches the motor ?

I'm not totally sure but if injecting it at the intercooler will heat it at all why do it? That defeats half the purpose.

ok

Just wondering since nos is so cold. im not saying ur wrong just asking for my own benefit.

I'm not trting to sound like an ~~~. I'm just trying to get a point across. Yes nitrous will cool the intake charge significantly but if you run it thourgh th IC it will not cool as much as it will if you run it directly after the IC. Not saying that running through the IC is not beneficial, it's just not as good as after it.

SPRAY INTO INTERCOOLER OR EVEN RIGHT AFTER THE INTERCOOLER = BAD IDEA. why you say? becuase the ACT sensor will think its running cold and will add timing/lean out the mixture which is what you DONT want with nitrous. best place to mount it is on the plenum right before it goes into the intake manifold.

i would only do 75 just to be safe... always start small and work your way up. On sc's, the shot is actually 10-15 hp higher than what it is rated for becuase it cools down the air charge so much.

I'm running 55 shot right now along with most of the bolt ons except TB and MAF on stock injectors and everything works fine.

oh yea... with a 100 shot you might want to retard your timing a bit so you will need a tuner.

oh yea and if you inject it right into the manifold... it will heat up less than if you do it by the i/c.

either way it doesn't matter that much, the stuff is like -600 degress and will still give you the hp rated no matter how hot it gets. the actual gas doesn't add power, the fuel does. it breaks down into oxygen so more fuel can be forced in and burned. the cold is just a plus

high content

yea, its nos like 80% oxygen ? compared to the 30% thats in the atmosphere.. geezus !

just a thought

I originally had a thought that when i was gunna spray, i would probably have it shoot right into the back of the inlet plenum before the blower. I figured by the time i would add spray, I would have the MP Inlet, and just use one of the extra vacuum fittings. My thoughts were that it would help cool the blower and just as well lower the discharge temp. And also, would be perfect to hide it so nobody would notice it. Anyway, just a thought. Suggestions and corrections welcome.

also not such a hot idea.... cold nitrous + hot s/c case = chance for warping, also that again would end up going past the ACT sensor which would lean out the mixture becuase it thinks the car is running cold.

Nitrous is about 30% oxygen (2 parts N, 1 part O) but oxygen in the air is only like 5%.

I live in Denison, TX--with 2 1/8 mile and 2 1/4 mile track within a 3 hour drive radius

Cool

GooeyGus2 is right, but the principle is sound. When someone (import tuner, etc. ) shot no2 on a turbo civic, a 100 shot added like 75 HP at the wheels. then, they re-plumbed the nos and shot it before the turbo, and gained 10 HP at the wheels (so 85 total). had something to do with keeping the turbo housing and charge air cooler. If you can cool the charge any way without messing with the electronics, oh yeah.