The Super Chicken has Arrived

jjklongisland

So I finally picked up the Bird last night. Traffic was horrible but it was worth it. I finally got to drive the bird and was very surprised on the torque. While it may not be as fast as some of my previous vehicles, it really throws you into that awesome seat. So far very fun. Surprisingly I got 14.4 mpg towing it home from CT to LI in my crew cab. For an F150 she really towed well.

Some photos...

The body is mint, never hit, garaged since new. It has 114k on the clock and it was a family member that was the original 1 owner car. She even had the old school car phone installed. I love the tape holder in the center console. Really brought me back in time... Its hard to believe 1989 was 24 years ago... crazy...

The mods are about to begin!!!

Last edited:
Car looks great! If you need a hand with any work or anything like that just let me know, you're not far away from me at all. You're lucky to have a car you know the history on

Car looks great! If you need a hand with any work or anything like that just let me know, you're not far away from me at all. You're lucky to have a car you know the history on

Thanks... We will definitely have to get together... I am always in your neck of the woods... I would live to pick your brain as I am a supercoupe newb...

Joe

Joe,

Sounds good. Just be careful when driving it around at first if its been sitting. Start with replacing plugs and wires right off the bat, it's a worthwhile thing to do on these cars. My car was sitting for a few years as well and these managed to cause problems when i first got it back on the road

Thanks guys.

I am buying oil, oil filter, and fuel filter on my way home from work tonight. Next is spark plugs, wires and belts. Full tank of Premium fuel with tektron additive in it. After that new radiator and all new rubber houses. New brake pads and rotors.

Nice looking car! Looks like a cleaner lower mileage twin of mine! I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like with those new rims you got.

Nice looking car! Looks like a cleaner lower mileage twin of mine! I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like with those new rims you got.

Thanks... Me 2... I think i am just going to test fit them to one side of the car tonight because I really want to see how they will look. I will take some pictures if I do...

What do you think about painting the black side moldings to match the car?

Thanks... Me 2... I think i am just going to test fit them to one side of the car tonight because I really want to see how they will look. I will take some pictures if I do...

What do you think about painting the black side moldings to match the car?

Are you referring to the door moldings going down the side of the car or all the trim around the windshield/windows

Congrats on the sc, it looks great!

I saw a picture of a white car with the moldings painted to match. I thought it looked really good. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try it.

:)

I want to see it after it's lowered...can't wait to see those 'wells filled a bit more.

This what an Eibach 1.5" drop with 1 1/8" rear sway bar and staggered tire sizes look like on mine...

Attachments

• AnnySide02.jpg
    AnnySide02.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Back