89 NA bypass vacuum actuator supply line, where does it come from?

Plat0ribs

I let a shop perform a Head Gasket job on my 89 SC. Upon inspection I noticed the vacuum line supplying the NA bypass butterfly vacuum actuator isn't hooked up.

I can't even find the line anywhere so I suspect it may be hooked up to the wrong place!

Where does this vacuum line come from on the 89 SC? What path does it take to the actuator?

Thanks for your guidance.

Plat0/Chris

Take it back to the shop - if they messed that up, they most likely need to redo more.

There should be a vacuum map on the panel in front of the radiator on at least one of your SCs.

Take it back to the shop - if they messed that up, they most likely need to redo more.

There should be a vacuum map on the panel in front of the radiator on at least one of your SCs.

I . WILL . NEVER . TAKE . MY . SC . TO . A . SHOP . AGAIN!

Except maybe SCU

How bad is it for an SC to run with this butterfly closed?

I get that...but they took your money, so focus on your pocket for now :)

We could be here for weeks trying to coax you into bandaid'ng something that you need to decidedly put on someone else.

You can come here first, next time, if you like :)

Did you check the vacuum maps? Does the boost gauge work? Did you look around for unconnected lines? Do you have an EVTM for that car? Can you take a photo of that area so we can see what you see?

With all due respect KTM, I'll get no further satisfaction from this shop.

There is a chart on the radiator support. I'm going to have to pull the cowl's and perhaps the wiper motor assembly in order to clear enough space to look around for the vac. lines between the firewall and the engine.

Thanks for the moral support. I've run into a vein of bad juju w/r/t my Supercoupes lately. I appreciate your attitude.

On an 89, I think the line has to run over to the corner behind the driver's side inner fender. I am pretty sure that the boost bypass solenoid tucks down in that corner there. Ford deleted that solenoid in 1990, so none of the other cars would have it.

Back