NED This Friday 8/9/13

If it's lean it's not a boost leak. Usually belt slip results in a rich condition also. Check your injector pulse widths compared to runs where you recorded higher boost. If the fuel commanded is the same but you are reading leaner, then that means you are burning more or that fuel pressure is down.

Where are you pulling reference for the boost gauge and the FPR? Are the linked somehow? Both could be reading low and if so that would explain the whole thing.

How are the tires to drive on (stability on the top end, etc.?).

Tires were great, I had them at about 13psi, rear end was not swaying around at all or certainly no where near as much as the MTs with 11lbs in them:D

When I was on the dyno with you I was not logging boost so it's hard to compare but some numbers are....

Dyno....5200rpm.....11.8 afr......16.34 PW1
Track...5200rpm.....12.1 afr......15.50 PW1.....23.7psi boost

Dyno....6300rpm.....11.6 afr......15.9 PW1
Track...6300rpm.....12.2 afr......16.5 PW1......22psi boost

These AFRs are on my final run after I had made a MAF curve correction....they started out around 12.4

Boost was peaking on the Dyno at nearly 26psi at 6400rpm unless this is just the differential error between the dyno boost reading and my aux box but 15% seems like alot of error to me.

The boost reference for the AFPR and the line to the gauge are both on the intake adapter right next to each other.

Last time I weighed the car was about a year ago and it was 3650 with me in it.....it should still be pretty close to that mark.

1/8 mi was 6.830 @ 100.60

I'm right on your tail, better crank up the boost:D

That's not bad for the weight. My mustang weighed 3460 with me before I deleted a bunch of stuff. I'd guess I removed 150lbs but gained 20lbs myself lol.

What tires you running (front and rear)? My bird was all over the place at the top end with bias in the rear and radials up front. I'm hoping when i put some bias-ply on the skinnies it'll track better.

Anyhow... Are you running that tubular-k in there? If so, how's it working?

28x10 Hoosier slicks out back and ET Front skinnies out front.

The tubular K is definitely still getting the job done

Back