Going to the track tonight in Muncie

mywhite89

Headed down to Muncie for test and tune tonight after work. Starts at 6pm. Havent raced it since putting underdrive pulleys on it and upgrading the clutch. Hopefully the clutch can hold it this time. With the stock clutch, it would slip if I started to push it hard. Stock clutch was good for mid 12's in my experience.

chris

Have fun! and let us know how it goes. And don't break anything you'll need in Oct! :D

Ira

Ok I didn't break any records but I didn't break either. I forget how to drive after every winter! I bogged out of the gate on every run pretty bad, just didn't have enough time to work with it enough to find that right rpm to launch at, but I'm thinking 3500-4k is what it will take to not fall on its face so bad. I didn't take anything out of the car other than the spare tire either, so who knows if I decided to give it a diet some time and pull a 1.7 60' I might run something that would impress a bit.

Best time of the night.

60' 2.182
330 5.631
1/8 8.439
Mph 86.71
1000 10.869
1/4 12.876
Mph 113.56

2.1 was my 60' on every run, and the other 2 were 12.9s. It was a perfect night for racing, couldn't have asked for better weather.

Chris

Hi chris, sounded like a good time. Do you ever have. Wheel hop issues ? My car has it bad.

Nice! Keep working on that launch. It isn't easy but once you get the timing down you'll wonder why it took so long to figure it out ;)

Ira

Hi chris, sounded like a good time. Do you ever have. Wheel hop issues ? My car has it bad.

Thats 90% of my problem. I have broken axles and a couple transmissions
due to wheel hop. Makes me gunshy to launch it hard, fearing that it might wheel hop with slicks. Thats usually a bad day. On a good note, the new clutch seems to have actually helped with wheel hop a bit possibly.

chris

Phil's car was hopping so bad I couldn't do a burnout the other night (and I have plenty of experience). So when it was his turn to take the wheel I told him not to bother with a burnout so he just drove to the line and launched the car. No hop, and a 1.68 60ft. Point is that finding the right combination and working it to it's potential is key. What works perfect in one car doesn't work in the next.

I haven't had any problems with slicks actually hopping on the line so I'm pretty confident in that regardless of the car.

Phil's car was hopping so bad I couldn't do a burnout the other night (and I have plenty of experience). So when it was his turn to take the wheel I told him not to bother with a burnout so he just drove to the line and launched the car. No hop, and a 1.68 60ft. Point is that finding the right combination and working it to it's potential is key. What works perfect in one car doesn't work in the next.

I haven't had any problems with slicks actually hopping on the line so I'm pretty confident in that regardless of the car.

That's a great 60'! Well that's my goal for next time. That would get me deep in the 12's I'm sure.

Chris

Back