Boost/Vacuum leak

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Quick question:

I went from 12hg of vacuum at idle to 8hg and 15psi to 7psi of boost and vacuum will not ever go over 8hg even when coasting downhill! Where is the best place to look first for this type of leak? IC tube connections?? Assuming its after the blower?

If it had that big of a vacuum leak I would think it wouldn't even want to idle I hope you didn't hurt something running it wide open while trying to get the afr lined out buddy.

If it had that big of a vacuum leak I would think it wouldn't even want to idle I hope you didn't hurt something running it wide open while trying to get the afr lined out buddy.

The only time I was wot for any ammpubt of time was when my afr was low 11s if I didn't see it drop below 12 when I stepped on it I backed right out! I think its the dic I'm going to pull it and pressure test it again

Running on no sleep from working a different shift thrn usuaI decided to pull the dic and leak test it again BEFORE checking the gauge hose... I guess chock that up as the 50 zillionth time I've cleaned and resealed the top/IC pipes I bet I've done that job so many times I've gone through at least 5 tubes of rtv lol

I had a spare vacuum / boost gauge in the toolbox. Well, it stopped working at some point. I think I may have dropped it. Anyway, the mechanism looked fine, but I guessed that the joint between the Bourdon tube and the brass fitting might be cracked. I heated it up with a strong soldering iron and added a bit of solder to the joint. It works great now!

Back