Overheating

coolhand

Well, had the first issue with the "95. Was on my way to Oshawa and noticed the temp guage was pegged!!!!!!! Slowly amd my way back home, and after a day I got under the hood to see what was up. Turns out "BOTH" fans are pooched!!!!!!!!!!! The rad fan was actually sitting inside the shroud area loose and the 30amp fuse for the cooling fan was blown. After removal I noticed the pin that holds the rad fan onto the fan motor was missing and, this probably just didnt happen, the cooling fan motor was seized. I havent driven the car in a long time so I guess I need to do so more often. To make a long story short, I got a complete fan, shroud and motor assembly from Doms Wreckers for $150 and a new cooling fan motor thru Napa They will be in tomorrow so wish me luck.

And you guys thought I wasnt mechanical. LMAO Time will tell.

BTW The relay fuses for the distribution box are damned expensive and originals are in short supply.
Matt

Other issues ?

Question is why did it heat up that high(pegged) if you were at at highway speeds? Hopefully it didn't cause more problems limping it home at a presumaly lower speed which would be even less air going through the rad.

Well, I replaced both fan motors, the fan and the shroud and the relay fuse for the pusher fan and it all seems fine now. No funky looking stuff in the oil and car still runs great.
Who woulda believed I could fix it?????>?
Matt

Hey Matt, great to hear it worked out and you got it all fixed up. Nice when that happens eh!
Also nice to hear you are driving your car. Last time I saw it was when we went to the shootout together in 07 or 08, cant remember exactly.
Take care
Drew

Well, The problems have compounded themselves> Seems my alternator is toast as well!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, the joys of owning a S/C........
Matt

While I appreciate the offer, the cost of shipping and the border fees would be prohibitive, but TYVM................

Matt

Unless you want one of the guys coming down from Canada to pick it up at the shootout in a few weeks

Matt

I have a Bosch Premium #AL7501X

Based on the caseing it was not on long and is very clean.

Only shows fresh carbon from the brushes.

Paul

That might be doable> I will contact Al.
Matt

That's cool this one is a freshly serviced or mitsubishi w new brushes bearings and the case is powdercoated black metallic pearl if you look through my posts it is in the one performance parts for sale. Al can just bring the cash to the shootout if that's what you decide

Back