Show off your 2013 shootout mods/Pre- Shootout Smack talk

Got a box of goodies today! now i can fix my headlights (multifunction switch I THINK got a headalight switch too) and a VMM hell yeah now i will know if im low on coolant or oil lol

That is why I left the rear rotors stock.....wanted a 15" wheel to have more sidewall wrinkle with slicks.

Under the right circumstances, a 15 can clear rear Cobra brakes. Ask Ricardo about his setup...he let me run them on my car a couple years back, and they cleared my Cobra brakes.

Under the right circumstances, a 15 can clear rear Cobra brakes. Ask Ricardo about his setup...he let me run them on my car a couple years back, and they cleared my Cobra brakes.

We are running 15's on Cobra 11.65" rear brakes, but again, it depends on the wheel. Anyway, those tires are a little big for an SC.

Trailer lights replaced
Wideband gauge installed
Truck fixed
Vacuum leak fixed
IC fan wired

Just need to:

Mount slicks
Install nitrous
Data log/ tune nitrous
Fix passenger window motor
Clean k&n (truck and Sc)
Detail Sc and truck
Find tires for cobra R's

Still to do: Wash the car and come up with the funds for the trip.

Well, that didn't pan out. I really wanted to make it this year, but the funds simply don't exist. Expenses far outweighed income this year, though it was mostly toward good causes. I had planned on skipping next year, but that may change now. This will mark the fourth Shootout ('04, '05, '10, and '13) that I've missed since the event began in '03. :(

My junks apart...but shooting to go

Crunch time and top of the motor is apart....trying to fix all the leaks I found and put on better exhaust.

If the car isn't ready I will still go with my honey in the soccer mom van:)

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it this year Rod:(

Still waiting on my hood to get painted. Body shop is busy with insurance jobs. Looks like I will be working on my hood there so it can be ready to bolt on and go.

Still waiting on my hood to get painted. Body shop is busy with insurance jobs. Looks like I will be working on my hood there so it can be ready to bolt on and go.

You still have to come up and get mine all ready to go though randy, where will you find the time?

Well i got my SC washed and waxed and washed the truck today. Just need to wax the truck do a quick clean up on the inside of the SC and all thats out of the way.

Hood has 3 good coats of primer on it now. Block sand it tomorrow and should be ready to paint.

Last edited:
Be afraid.... be very afraid. Hope it won't look like this in a couple weeks. Might blow up but I hope not.:eek:

Attachments

• 20130915_230638.jpeg
    20130915_230638.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 78
I really like that hood Randy....My whole car needs painted but it's gonna be there- warts, pimples and all!....Dan

Thanks Dan. I didn't get it painted today. Decided to prep a rear bumper cover for my car also. Both have been wet sanded and are ready for the paint booth tomorrow. If it all goes well they will be on my car Thursday.

IMG_20130917_191425_964_zpsdcffb4cf.jpg

IMG_20130917_170705_475_zpsd7b64187.jpg

Slicks are mounted! Rear end swap is underway.

Back