Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shootout Registration is now OPEN !

Shootout Registration is now OPEN !

Shootout Registration is now open (09-05-13).

http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventInfo.php

A couple of things are different this year about the Shootout. The biggest thing is that the Shootout is now an event that is not only heavily sponsored by the SCCoA but is also an official event run by the club. In years past the Shootout was independent. There were two benefits to this: first is we now have access to the clubs computer servers to host the Shootout website and registration systems, second and most important is that we will now be offering Shootout registration discounts to SCCoA members. The other change that you will notice is an incremental increase in fees for non-members over last year. The increase is associated with rising costs to run the event, as always we are closely budgeting the event and soliciting sponsors to keep costs as reasonable as possible for everyone.

SCCoA member prices will remain the same as they were last year, non-member prices are increased by $20. If you are not a current SCCoA member you can join the club for $15 then immediately receive your $20 Shootout discount….not a bad deal.

Full Registration - Racer (Non-Member) $160.00
    Full Registration - Racer (Member) $140.00
    Companion Pass (Meals & Spectator entry to Car show & Track) $45.00
    Car Show Entry (Meals & Shirt) (Non-Mem) $110.00
    Car Show Entry (Meals & Shirt) (Member) $90.00
    Extra Shirt $20.00
    Dyno $55.00

Please post any questions you have about the registration process in this thread.

1 Brian Oatway +3
    2 David Neibert +1
    3 David Clark
    4 Mike Tuck
    5 Chris Wise +2
    6 Kurt Kreisz +1
    7 Matt Haub +1
    8 Michael Inch
    9 Ira Robinson
    10 Kevin McMahan
    11 Chris Vining
    12 Jim Sanderson
    13 Philip Dalke +1
    14 Ryan Zimmerly +1
    15 Michael Tsosie +1
    16 Zachary Lowe
    17 Michael Bennett
    18 Duane Nettles +2
    19 Rodney Bushong
    20 Joe Kerns
    21 Jacob Royer
    22 Alan Stewart
    23 Christopher Gates
    24 Ken Wagner +1
    25 Robert Steffen
    26 Jeff Bratton +1
    27 James Smith +1
    28 Glenn Huber
    29 John Peters
    30 Randy Hunerkoch
    31 Will Smith
    32 Brian Dotlich +1
    33 Benjamin Goering +1
    34 Dan Thornsberry +1
    35 Victor Malvar
    36 Melissa Butler +1
    37 Mike Puckett
    38 Bill Evanoff
    39 Micah Miller +1
    40 Kurt Sunday +1
    41 Tony Serno
    42 Scott Bruhn +2
    43 Sally Arnold +1

Updated 9/30 1:30pm
    Last edited by SCrazy; 09-30-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Registration List Updated 9/30 1:30pm
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

I'm registered. See you guys next month.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Registered!

Registered
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

Registered! Now I finally get to see how fast she is.

Registered. See everyone there.
    Jim, SCCoA Member#: 2789

"cuz Jim has mad skillz, yo!" Melon.
    "You guys crack me up talking about nitrous when you don't even know if you can keep it together on gasoline." XR7 Dave
    "I didn't break it, I found it's weakness."

I have a question. I am considering making the trek to Kentucky for two reasons, 1 because I would like to actually meet some of the members of the forums and gain some more knowledge of my newly acquired supercoupe and the second thing is because I have always wanted to go to kentucky. Now the first issue is I am in no way going to able to race my car and the other is she is not show worthy yet so I would be embarrassed in entering her in a formal show. What are your thoughts... If I am not "officially" entering the car in a judged competition do I still need to pay the $90 car show entry fee... Is there a reduced rate for the meals and the t-shirt... What about guests?

Quote Originally Posted by jjklongisland View Post
    I have a question. I am considering making the trek to Kentucky for two reasons, 1 because I would like to actually meet some of the members of the forums and gain some more knowledge of my newly acquired supercoupe and the second thing is because I have always wanted to go to kentucky. Now the first issue is I am in no way going to able to race my car and the other is she is not show worthy yet so I would be embarrassed in entering her in a formal show. What are your thoughts... If I am not "officially" entering the car in a judged competition do I still need to pay the $90 car show entry fee... Is there a reduced rate for the meals and the t-shirt... What about guests?
    Full Event Spectator (Meals & Entry to Car show & Track) $45.00
    US Navy Veteran Retired Best Dyno 458HP 556TQ
    "I've done so much with so little for so long that now I can do anything with nothing."

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p..._view&id=28414B

So to spectate all weekend it is $45 and is there any ugliest car award if so maybe I will enter car show lmao
    If your not first your last if your last your me

Quote Originally Posted by elanoresc View Post
    and is there any ugliest car award if so maybe I will enter car show lmao
    Maybe... just enter your cars in the show fella's. Its a good time. Unless you really can afford it.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

Quote Originally Posted by nmcbchief View Post
    Full Event Spectator (Meals & Entry to Car show & Track) $45.00
    Thanks, what a dope... I reread the original post and it was there alright...

Me is registered. Now to do head gaskets, blower swap and a new tune.... might have to race the truck.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    Me is registered. Now to do head gaskets, blower swap and a new tune.... might have to race the truck.
    All in a days work for you man lol. If you wanna take it a little easier on the motor I got a blower I will trade you for the 2.0
    MEMBER #2488 best rwhp 504 485 torque
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152

Quote Originally Posted by jjklongisland View Post
    Don't feel afraid to race or show anything you bring. Cars at the track and in the shows will range from pieces of art to pieces of ~~~~~ and everything in between. It's one of the great things about the event, there is a place for everybody. Also if anything were to ever break on your car there will be more knowledgeable mechanics and spare parts at this event than at a Ford dealership. We've seen some major repairs happen (transmissions swapped, rear ends swapped, axle changes are a norm, we've seen trailers loaned, we've seen people driving hundreds of miles out of their way to help others.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

Quote Originally Posted by SCrazy View Post
    Don't feel afraid to race or show anything you bring. Cars at the track and in the shows will range from pieces of art to pieces of ~~~~~ and everything in between. It's one of the great things about the event, there is a place for everybody. Also if anything were to ever break on your car there will be more knowledgeable mechanics and spare parts at this event than at a Ford dealership. We've seen some major repairs happen (transmissions swapped, rear ends swapped, axle changes are a norm, we've seen trailers loaned, we've seen people driving hundreds of miles out of their way to help others.
    And Brian's kid will be quite happy to drive the SC home if Brian needs to put your car (or mine) on the trailer!

Seriously, don't just come to show your car, come to show that you HAVE the car. It can be that lighthearted. Heck, maybe this year instead of spray painting his car army green Casey will paint it Marine Corp Blue!

As far as breakdowns are concerned, I have had a mishap at every event I have attended. Last year it was a radiator leak, once we had to replace the brakes and one year I had an engine fire as I pulled into the hotel on Friday! And each and every time there were people around who got me back on the road so I could drive the 600+ miles back home again. Trust me, if you have a problem this is the place to have it, fix it or just discuss it so you can get some idea how to fix it when you get home. It is also THE place to get some ideas because you will be amazed at the cars you will see there.

I'm talking about everything from 10 second street legal race cars to showroom floor ready stockers. Seeing what people have done with the cars alone is worth the price of admission.

Ira