Shootout Registration is now OPEN !

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
Shootout Registration is now open (09-05-13).

http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventInfo.php

A couple of things are different this year about the Shootout. The biggest thing is that the Shootout is now an event that is not only heavily sponsored by the SCCoA but is also an official event run by the club. In years past the Shootout was independent. There were two benefits to this: first is we now have access to the clubs computer servers to host the Shootout website and registration systems, second and most important is that we will now be offering Shootout registration discounts to SCCoA members. The other change that you will notice is an incremental increase in fees for non-members over last year. The increase is associated with rising costs to run the event, as always we are closely budgeting the event and soliciting sponsors to keep costs as reasonable as possible for everyone.

SCCoA member prices will remain the same as they were last year, non-member prices are increased by $20. If you are not a current SCCoA member you can join the club for $15 then immediately receive your $20 Shootout discount….not a bad deal.

Full Registration - Racer (Non-Member) $160.00
Full Registration - Racer (Member) $140.00
Companion Pass (Meals & Spectator entry to Car show & Track) $45.00
Car Show Entry (Meals & Shirt) (Non-Mem) $110.00
Car Show Entry (Meals & Shirt) (Member) $90.00
Extra Shirt $20.00
Dyno $55.00

Please post any questions you have about the registration process in this thread.

1 Brian Oatway +3
2 David Neibert +1
3 David Clark
4 Mike Tuck
5 Chris Wise +2
6 Kurt Kreisz +1
7 Matt Haub +1
8 Michael Inch
9 Ira Robinson
10 Kevin McMahan
11 Chris Vining
12 Jim Sanderson
13 Philip Dalke +1
14 Ryan Zimmerly +1
15 Michael Tsosie +1
16 Zachary Lowe
17 Michael Bennett
18 Duane Nettles +2
19 Rodney Bushong
20 Joe Kerns
21 Jacob Royer
22 Alan Stewart
23 Christopher Gates
24 Ken Wagner +1
25 Robert Steffen
26 Jeff Bratton +1
27 James Smith +1
28 Glenn Huber
29 John Peters
30 Randy Hunerkoch
31 Will Smith
32 Brian Dotlich +1
33 Benjamin Goering +1
34 Dan Thornsberry +1
35 Victor Malvar
36 Melissa Butler +1
37 Mike Puckett
38 Bill Evanoff
39 Micah Miller +1
40 Kurt Sunday +1
41 Tony Serno
42 Scott Bruhn +2
43 Sally Arnold +1

Updated 9/30 1:30pm

Last edited:
I have a question. I am considering making the trek to Kentucky for two reasons, 1 because I would like to actually meet some of the members of the forums and gain some more knowledge of my newly acquired supercoupe and the second thing is because I have always wanted to go to kentucky. Now the first issue is I am in no way going to able to race my car and the other is she is not show worthy yet so I would be embarrassed in entering her in a formal show. What are your thoughts... If I am not "officially" entering the car in a judged competition do I still need to pay the $90 car show entry fee... Is there a reduced rate for the meals and the t-shirt... What about guests?

I have a question. I am considering making the trek to Kentucky for two reasons, 1 because I would like to actually meet some of the members of the forums and gain some more knowledge of my newly acquired supercoupe and the second thing is because I have always wanted to go to kentucky. Now the first issue is I am in no way going to able to race my car and the other is she is not show worthy yet so I would be embarrassed in entering her in a formal show. What are your thoughts... If I am not "officially" entering the car in a judged competition do I still need to pay the $90 car show entry fee... Is there a reduced rate for the meals and the t-shirt... What about guests?

Full Event Spectator (Meals & Entry to Car show & Track) $45.00

So to spectate all weekend it is $45 and is there any ugliest car award if so maybe I will enter car show lmao

Me is registered.:cool: Now to do head gaskets, blower swap and a new tune.... might have to race the truck.

Me is registered.:cool: Now to do head gaskets, blower swap and a new tune.... might have to race the truck.
All in a days work for you man lol. If you wanna take it a little easier on the motor I got a blower I will trade you for the 2.0

Don't feel afraid to race or show anything you bring. Cars at the track and in the shows will range from pieces of art to pieces of ~~~~~ and everything in between. It's one of the great things about the event, there is a place for everybody. Also if anything were to ever break on your car there will be more knowledgeable mechanics and spare parts at this event than at a Ford dealership. We've seen some major repairs happen (transmissions swapped, rear ends swapped, axle changes are a norm, we've seen trailers loaned, we've seen people driving hundreds of miles out of their way to help others.

Don't feel afraid to race or show anything you bring. Cars at the track and in the shows will range from pieces of art to pieces of ~~~~~ and everything in between. It's one of the great things about the event, there is a place for everybody. Also if anything were to ever break on your car there will be more knowledgeable mechanics and spare parts at this event than at a Ford dealership. We've seen some major repairs happen (transmissions swapped, rear ends swapped, axle changes are a norm, we've seen trailers loaned, we've seen people driving hundreds of miles out of their way to help others.

And Brian's kid will be quite happy to drive the SC home if Brian needs to put your car (or mine) on the trailer! ;) :p

Seriously, don't just come to show your car, come to show that you HAVE the car. It can be that lighthearted. Heck, maybe this year instead of spray painting his car army green Casey will paint it Marine Corp Blue! :D

As far as breakdowns are concerned, I have had a mishap at every event I have attended. Last year it was a radiator leak, once we had to replace the brakes and one year I had an engine fire as I pulled into the hotel on Friday! And each and every time there were people around who got me back on the road so I could drive the 600+ miles back home again. Trust me, if you have a problem this is the place to have it, fix it or just discuss it so you can get some idea how to fix it when you get home. It is also THE place to get some ideas because you will be amazed at the cars you will see there.

I'm talking about everything from 10 second street legal race cars to showroom floor ready stockers. Seeing what people have done with the cars alone is worth the price of admission.

Ira

Well thats really good to know. I will see how my funds are. I just converted my oil fired boiler to natural gas and we booked a disney trip for end of october. I will have to cash in the piggy bank. If not I will definitely make next year. Right now I put myself at a 50/50 chance...

The fee structure/budget is set up for two types of primary registration.

1. Full Event Pass that includes a t-shirt, all meals, car show participation, racing participation and prize eligibility (car show, racing and door prizes).

2. Car Show Pass that includes a t-shirt, all meals, car show participation, racing spectator entrance and car show and door prize eligibility.

The Companion Pass (aka Event Spectator pass) is intended for a spouse, friend or children (age 16 and over) who are attending with a person registered in one of the above two categories. It is not intended as a standalone registration.

The same is true for the dyno competition, and you can't participate unless you are registered in one of the two classes mentioned above.

We understand that not everyone who attends, will do so expecting to win a prize or a trophy and may rather have a no frills spectator pass. Unfortunately we just can't afford the expense of renting the track, dyno and buying all the trophies and meals unless we structure the fees as mentioned above.

Thanks, David

Back