New '93 SC 'Owner' With Some Questions.

Zardoz33

Hi From Illinois. A family member gave me his '93 SC to sell, after he bought a new car a few weeks ago. He was the only owner of the car. I have no idea what it's worth. I've checked eBay and craigslist to see asking prices but have barely come across any SC's, they're all the other trim variants.

This isn't a classified ad. I barely know anything about the SC and would like to get some input from the experts on here.

Mods: I just installed new clear front corner lights. Everything else is stock.

Options: Every available original factory option is on the car, except for the cd player.

Interior: Almost perfect after I put in a good 20+ hours of cleaning it this past week. :D Went so far as to remove the center console, seats and everything else I thought dirt would be lurking after 20 years.

Exterior: Even though it was garage-kept, it's not in great shape. There's rust along the gas cap, one spot on the roof, along the lower-inner part of each door and the obligatory rock chips on the hood and front bumper. The rims are in good shape though. Tires are less than a year old.

I'll post pics in the next few days after I get done detailing it.

Known issues:
1.) Air conditioning does not work. He had it serviced June 2012 but it had stopped working since then.

2.) The power antenna retracts about halfway into the body, then a ticking sound happens and it doesn't move any further lower.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Replacing motor will not give it a salvaged title.

Post some pic's.

Sell locally will bring more money.

Auto or 5spd.

around 2500 here?

With the price of these cars these days I would keep it and play with it!:D

Replacing motor will not give it a salvaged title.

Post some pic's.

Auto or 5spd.

With the price of these cars these days I would keep it and play with it!:D
It's an auto. I'm done with the interior and cleaned the engine bay Saturday afternoon. Going to wash, polish and wax it later today (weather pending) then I'll post pics early next week. Honestly, the more I've been working on the car the more I'm falling in love with it. The only thing that's holding me back on keeping it is I just dumped $2k into getting my BMW fixed.

I bought the lower door hinge repair kit. The power window switch is acting up, so I'll clean the contacts and check the wiring on the driver's side floor - thanks for the info on this forum!

Last edited:
It's an auto. I'm done with the interior and cleaned the engine bay Saturday afternoon. Going to wash, polish and wax it later today (weather pending) then I'll post pics early next week. Honestly, the more I've been working on the car the more I'm falling in love with it. The only thing that's holding me back on keeping it is I just dumped $2k into getting my BMW fixed.

I bought the lower door hinge repair kit. The power window switch is acting up, so I'll clean the contacts and check the wiring on the driver's side floor - thanks for the info on this forum!

After you have cleaned the contacts, be sure and put some dielectric grease

Back