New SC owner (sort of)

89scoupe

Hello all, I'm a proud new owner of an 89 Super Coupe. I say sort of because this is actually my second SC. never really got a chance to enjoy the First one,it was a 93(wife made me sell it because she said there was no reason to own a SC and a Toyota supra) But there was always something about these cars the I loved. The 89 is in great shape, everything works, some small rips in the drivers side seat, other than that the inside is in great condition. the motor has 122k on it , and the short block has been rebuilt along with the head gaskets being done. The clutch is new(yes it's a 5spd) Brakes are new, the guy also gave me a set of Cobra replica wheels. So far I love the car, not to keen on the color(black) but fortunately I no an Auto body Painter who has almost 20 years experience. ( it's me) So anyway ,this is my car

Like the car. You will find out about alot of info on this forum. The guys here are experts and love to help out. So what mods are you planning? You in CT?

Yes, central CT. Not to sure what mods I'll do yet, it's already got true dual exhaust, and and thanks to the perks of working at a huge body shop, just picked up a front mount IC. I don't think I'll go to crazy with it, I want it to be reliable. I learned my lesson with the supra

I actually picked up my 89 from Hartford area. What kind of exhaust is it? How does it sounds? Hope to see you around...

Not sure what exhaust it is, it doesn't have any name on the mufflers. It sounds ok, I had flow masters on my 93 sc, it sounded a lot better. I'll probably do something with the mufflers, can't really see it in the pictures, but they're pushing up on the bumper, and aren't really even.

Cool, I'm in Southington. Does anyone ever get together? I'd like to check out some other super coupes, to see what everyone's doing.

there was talk of a meet and greet over in the newengland chapter back in march but unfortunately it never came together. i would like to meet some fellow sc owners as well.

I grew up in Fairfirld county CT, Weston. Good memories! Enjoy the fall weather. Great for driving, cool temps and changing leaves!:D

Yeah it's beautiful this time of year. I'm planning on repainting the car, but I'm gonna wait till winter, enjoying it to much now

there was talk of a meet and greet over in the newengland chapter back in march but unfortunately it never came together. i would like to meet some fellow sc owners as well.

I've always been a Ford guy, but new to the SC. I'm also looking for meet other SC owners.

Back